Windows 10: The file name error

Discus and support The file name error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Prasath Vijayakumar, Nov 24, 2022.

1. The file name error

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some of the folders inside the main folder have been renamed to.I get this message when I try to open one of those folders.This is what it says when I hover over the main folder with my mouse. Mind you, the USB these 2 folders are on totals 16gb of storage, which is much smaller than 89.9 gb.If anyone could give me some help w

:)

Prasath Vijayakumar, Nov 24, 2022
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Nov 24, 2022
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Nov 24, 2022
  4. slozomby Win User

The file name error

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

The file name error

1. The file name error - Similar Threads - file name error

2. File name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File name: How do i turn off stuff that have my personal name in it Like it goes johnt/files i was wondering how to not show johnt because i dont want people finding out my name if im showing my screen to peope....
  3. The file name error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The file name error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some...
  4. The file name error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The file name error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" When I try to Open a FolderHello,I have 2 folders among others, on a Gigastone 16gb USB drive. The other day, I went to access these 2 folders and I came to an error/issue.This image is a sample of what some...
  5. Naming a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Naming a file: Hello Microsoft,Why aren't we allowed to include symbols like colon, greater, less than or slash in a file name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/naming-a-file/c1d32dc9-bea3-44c1-9ee0-bf4dba883667
  6. File named \

File named \: So i was going through mcafee fire wall already posted this question on mcafee and noticed i have two of these files named \. I am curious what this is and its not a virus cause i already ran a full scan. Ill post a link to the mcafee website where i asked this question and...
  7. File naming errors

File naming errors: Sometimes I will be cleaning up file names. When I go to rename part of it, sometimes I inadvertently end up deleting the name. I used to not worry about it because if I tried to save it without naming it, the old name would just revert, and I could make my correction. With...
  8. file names

file names: When I name a file and use some caps and some lower case letters why is file explorer changing it to all lower case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-names/8467538b-d686-4ac9-9271-62ba146d174f"
  9. File name

File name: I noticed in Program Files {x86} all the files that start with the word Windows are first letter caps except this one - "windows.nt." It doesn't seem right to me. Shouldn't it also be first letter capitalized? I think I remember reading somewhere that it might indicate a...
  10. File names \

File names \: Hi, There is a file named \ in one of my folders, and I can't delete it using any means. I can't just ignore it since its inside a git project. I would really like to delete this file if possible. Thanks in Advance!...