Windows 10: The file on windows "D"

Discus and support The file on windows "D" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sometimes when shutting down windows you know that little box that shows you whats preventing windows from shutting down... In that box pops up "D"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Apr 1, 2020.

1. The file on windows "D"

Sometimes when shutting down windows you know that little box that shows you whats preventing windows from shutting down...

In that box pops up "D"

First thing I google it

"How to remove D virus"

Both Malwarebytes and Total AV didn't say there was NO virus

Is "D" a virus?????????????

Thankyou windows people for helping me with my past issue and note that more will come!

:)

Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Apr 1, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2020
  4. The file on windows "D"

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

The file on windows "D"

1. The file on windows "D" - Similar Threads - file

2. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  3. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  4. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  5. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  6. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

7. Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files: I purchased 1T premium account and have been using it since a year ago without issue.I cannot suddenly access to my data in either in onedrive app on my moble phone or on laptops. I have registered my company Onedrive account and my personal onedrive. Company onedrive is...
  8. Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files

Can't login to my 1T premium onedrive and can't see my data under files: I purchased 1T premium account and have been using it since a year ago without issue.I cannot suddenly access to my data in either in onedrive app on my moble phone or on laptops. I have registered my company Onedrive account and my personal onedrive. Company onedrive is...
  9. i am trying to send files from my android phone to my laptop. when i insert it in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying to send files from my android phone to my laptop. when i insert it in the...: Hello, one day i am trying to send files from my android phone to my laptop, through a data cable. But when i insert it in the laptop usb port it is not detecting it. But when i connect the data cable through a usb hub it detect my phone. What is the problem. I even installed...
  10. i am trying to send files from my android phone to my laptop. when i insert it in the...

i am trying to send files from my android phone to my laptop. when i insert it in the...: Hello, one day i am trying to send files from my android phone to my laptop, through a data cable. But when i insert it in the laptop usb port it is not detecting it. But when i connect the data cable through a usb hub it detect my phone. What is the problem. I even installed...