Windows 10: The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city

Discus and support The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was looking at my account information and clicked the Find My PC option. It showed a map and it said my PC was located inside the circle. Well,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IndustrialTech87, Jan 16, 2019.

1. The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city

Hi,

I was looking at my account information and clicked the Find My PC option. It showed a map and it said my PC was located inside the circle. Well, the circle was around a whole city. It happens to be the wrong city. I live about 28 miles away roughly from the center of this circle in a different city.

Why is Microsoft showing the wrong location of where my computer is? I am taking a guess but it seems that they are probably just using the location of my ISP headquarters.

Anyways, if this is a way to "fight" or challenge Apple's Find my Device, your system is so far behind and I hate Apple.

Regards,

Sean

:)

IndustrialTech87, Jan 16, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 16, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jan 16, 2019
  4. The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city

1. The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city - Similar Threads - Find Device function

2. Why is find my device wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is find my device wrong: Find my device always around 3 or 4 blocks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-find-my-device-wrong/d9ed6389-52be-4f30-a4d6-8fae73bea2bf
  3. Why is find my device wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is find my device wrong: Find my device always around 3 or 4 blocks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-find-my-device-wrong/d9ed6389-52be-4f30-a4d6-8fae73bea2bf
  4. Why is find my device wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Device manager wrongly shows my laptop as being a desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager wrongly shows my laptop as being a desktop: It incorrectly says DESKTOP in Device manager when it is actually a LAPTOP. Also has three alerts saying base system device! The LAPTOP appears to still work ok but it is disconcerting. Help appreciated....
  6. Find My Device map shows wrong location

Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  7. showing wrong location of my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing wrong location of my desktop: my desktop is showing wrong location. how can i correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-wrong-location-of-my-desktop/4d8f6cf4-25da-45e2-a8a2-38735a5a33e0
  8. Understanding "Find My Device" Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Understanding "Find My Device" Function: Hello, I have a question about understanding the "find my device" function on my surface 3 laptop. I was testing the "find my device" function and it seems like the function works when my laptop is plugged in and charging. The "find my device" function does not work when my...
  9. Find My Device location is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Find My Device location is wrong: I tested out "Find My Device" on my HP Laptop Windows 10. The location it shows is not where the laptop is located -- it is off by quite a bit. I checked that "Location" is on, and that "Maps" can access location. Is there anything else that I can do? Thanks....
  10. "find my device" is wrong

"find my device" is wrong: My Windows 10 desktop PC is located in South Carolina. When I execute "find my device" from microsoft.com, it shows my desktop computer to be located 1000 miles away in Kansas. This is not an IP issue, since my IP address is associated with a company a few miles away. Is...