Windows 10: The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install

Discus and support The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Flight Sim recently demanded I install a mandatory update, this i did and after a fairly substantial download, and then to be sure that the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyBDrees, Jul 31, 2021.

1. The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install

My Flight Sim recently demanded I install a mandatory update, this i did and after a fairly substantial download, and then to be sure that the system was up to date ran windows update and then rebooted.When it was back i opened FS and it said checking for updates and then showed a static picture with a blue progress bar along the bottom - playing that slightly repetitive music, the bar gets to just beyond half way, the music stops and then FS disappears, i presume one could say crashes.Event log give this sorry for the crappy formattingLog Name: Application Source: Application Er

:)

AshleyBDrees, Jul 31, 2021

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 31, 2021
  4. The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install

flight simulator

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Yes, Microsoft flight simulator is compatible with Windows 10. But you have to install/update the graphic drivers which supports the game.

I would suggest you to update the display and graphic drivers and check if it helps:

• Open Device Manager by pressing
      Windows Key + X

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install

1. The Flight Simulator Mandatory update breaks my install - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator Mandatory

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0: I recently bought the game via steam and have downloaded it onto a hard drive as the game is massive and I don’t have space on my computer for it.Whenever I start the mandatory update, it gets approx 2gb in and then constantly resets back to 0. I have tried deleting package...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Mandatory Update Goes Back to 0: I recently bought the game via steam and have downloaded it onto a hard drive as the game is massive and I don’t have space on my computer for it.Whenever I start the mandatory update, it gets approx 2gb in and then constantly resets back to 0. I have tried deleting package...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...: Hi, i bought MFS on steam and made the istalation for the game launcher on steam. After game start the send me a message that I have mandatory updade. After start the download when it's in 33% showing the message [303/352] - Descompressing fs-base-0.1.229.fspackage.002 the...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update stucked in 33% with message [303/352] -...: Hi, i bought MFS on steam and made the istalation for the game launcher on steam. After game start the send me a message that I have mandatory updade. After start the download when it's in 33% showing the message [303/352] - Descompressing fs-base-0.1.229.fspackage.002 the...
  6. Cant install flight simulator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install flight simulator: FS cant be installed, it looks like it was stuck for an hour now, how to push the installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-flight-simulator/1b8a609f-c4ed-4eee-bdcc-31946afa21c1
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update won't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update won't start: So I finally got a joystick! They were hard to find but I managed to borrow one. Nevermind that it's designed for right handers and I'm left handed - I'll make do. Anyway, now I'm all ready to play but when I start it it says there's a mandatory update and to go to the...
  8. flight simulator installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight simulator installation: I cannot install MSFS2020 on my computer. I purchased the Premium Deluxe version, but when I click on install/play, nothing happens. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-installation/e9a1f56c-4c61-4b15-9ee3-4103c5e9f937
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...: Anyone else having this issue? Not even getting to game launch screen. Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very High" I chatted to a Microsoft agent but they could only suggest that it is due to high demand on launch day....
  10. Flight simulator installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flight simulator installation: I have a HP Notebook with windows 10 version 1809 install... I would like to install my Microsoft Flight simulator 2004...Is this possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-installation/bcc40392-8c33-4e16-89d0-c16ec489a950