Windows 10: The Floating Input Selection box

Discus and support The Floating Input Selection box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the input system had been upgraded with using shift-key to quick switch from English to Chinese Input. I don't understand why is that box is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dennis Ching HK, Nov 5, 2020.

1. The Floating Input Selection box

Since the input system had been upgraded with using shift-key to quick switch from English to Chinese Input. I don't understand why is that box is necessary. It might be fair for some users, who are new to use computers, but I found it is extremely not user friendly to experienced users. We have already learnt and used to quick shift by using keyboard. The System has no way to shut off the floating box which is extremely annoying and this problem is bothering me for several years.

I don't care if it is a great design, we just want to shut it off by manual settings because it always shows up and blocks at the important place that I cannot read the content from pages and cannot click the content by mouse and I am tired to press the Ctrl key to shut it off.

THAT FLOATING BLOCK IS ANNOYING EVEN WHEN I AM TYPING THIS PAGE.

:)

Dennis Ching HK, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box

Hello Ng Karsten,

Since the floating input selection box is by design, there is no option for us to disable it for now. If you want to provide a feedback regarding the said feature of the Chinese language IME, we encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub.
    You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. The Feedback items regularly receive
    Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our Support Article and

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring
      (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted. (it may take a while to appear)
    8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response. (it will look like Redirection Tools<uniquelink>)

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box

I'm a Chinese user, and is frustrated that I am unable to disable the following feature when entering Chinese:

The Floating Input Selection box a7b899eb-61ff-4526-9fe6-f04903a313e5?upload=true.png

This floating box literally appears whenever there are text area in all applications. I checked Windows Settings and I'm unable to find the corresponding setting for this floating box. I checked the Chinese MS Community and

MS has this problem gone unresolved for a solid 3 years
    . I do not know whether other users have addressed this particular problem on this forum. I would like to have this problem resolved - it does not have to be immediately, but the next Windows 10 update.

Ng Karsten, Nov 5, 2020
  4. The Floating Input Selection box

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

The Floating Input Selection box

1. The Floating Input Selection box - Similar Threads - Floating Input Selection

2. Window11 chinese input Quick don't show the selection box for selecting the chinese words.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window11 chinese input Quick don't show the selection box for selecting the chinese words.: I used the IME version of Quick. When I type 2 letters on keyboard, it don't show the selection word list. Even though, I type spacebar, it still don't show the list. input method also like that. If I don't use IME version, It cannot change to type chinese. Type english only....
  3. Window11 chinese input Quick don't show the selection box for selecting the chinese words.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window11 chinese input Quick don't show the selection box for selecting the chinese words.: I used the IME version of Quick. When I type 2 letters on keyboard, it don't show the selection word list. Even though, I type spacebar, it still don't show the list. input method also like that. If I don't use IME version, It cannot change to type chinese. Type english only....
  4. Floating button/dialog box issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating button/dialog box issue: HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get...
  5. Floating button/dialog box issue

Floating button/dialog box issue: HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get...
  6. ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes: I upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of weeks ago and ever since have struggled with ghosting of text from different input boxes displaying over each other, see images attached.This is when using engineering design software called TEDDS by Tekla.When I pass my mouse cursor over...
  7. Floating transparent box on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating transparent box on Windows 11: So I have this weird floating transparent box hovering over the taskbar. If I hover my mouse over this transparent box, it shows a loading cursor, as if I am launching a program. Any clue what it can be?...
  8. Floating transparent box on Windows 11

Floating transparent box on Windows 11: So I have this weird floating transparent box hovering over the taskbar. If I hover my mouse over this transparent box, it shows a loading cursor, as if I am launching a program. Any clue what it can be?...
  9. Floating grey box on computer monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Floating grey box on computer monitor: Today I've noticed on one of my monitors a small grey x box with a small distortion near the top middle of the screen. It doesn't appear to be a burn as I can move a window over it and it'll cover it, nor does it appear to be something to do with my wallpaper as changing it...
  10. Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box: I'm a Chinese user, and is frustrated that I am unable to disable the following feature when entering Chinese: [ATTACH] This floating box literally appears whenever there are text area in all applications. I checked Windows Settings and I'm unable to find the...