Windows 10: The Fn key (hotkey) not working

Discus and support The Fn key (hotkey) not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The type of the notebook: Acer Aspire E5-572G I installed all driver and application which was provided by the notebook's manufacturer, except one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Puklér Gergő, Jul 9, 2018.

1. The Fn key (hotkey) not working

The type of the notebook: Acer Aspire E5-572G

I installed all driver and application which was provided by the notebook's manufacturer, except one, the Launch Manager. I tried install it, but I could not, because always get an error - This operation system is not supported - but it is for win10.

What should I do to get back the hotkeys?

Thank you!

Gergő

:)

Puklér Gergő, Jul 9, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile The Fn key (hotkey) not working :)

P4-630, Jul 9, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Hashik Win User

The Fn key (hotkey) not working

Keyboard Shortcut keys/Hotkeys not working.

I usually use Fn+Print-screen to take a screenshot in Linux but it isn't working in windows 10 and so aren't my Brightness controll hot keys
    Fn+up and down arrow( Although it's printed on the arrows that they are brightness control) and some other things aren't working.

Fn+F1 which is the sleep hotkey it works fine.

Hashik, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

The Fn key (hotkey) not working

1. The Fn key (hotkey) not working - Similar Threads - key hotkey working

2. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  3. Fn Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn Key not working: When I try Fn key + F3 Or any other key it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-key-not-working/d6e865b1-781d-4b82-944e-7e418c79ba2a
  4. Some fn hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some fn hotkeys not working: So I recently changed the hard drive on my laptop to an ssd, but since I did that some of my fn hotkeys don't work anymore, but some other do. For example the volume/brightness up and down work just fine, but pause/play, next, prev and stop don't work Is there any way to fix...
  5. Fn key not working

Fn key not working: Hi, My Fn key randomly stops working, sometimes it doesn't work on start-up. I have a dell g5 5590. Tried fixes: - Reinstalling HID keyboard drivers. - trying Windows mobility center, the option is absent. - Activating, reactivating through bios. - reinstalling...
  6. My fn keys are not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    My fn keys are not working?: So my computer works fine, but for some reason the function keys were switched up. When I'm on the desktop, they don't do anything at all, and when I'm in Google Chrome they do things that aren't related to what they're supposed to do. F1 used to mute/unmute, now it opens the...
  7. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys...
  8. Function key (Fn) is not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function key (Fn) is not working!: When i press Fn + F1 or any other combination nothing happens. I have troubleshooted, restarted and tried many fixes. Please help! It's a Toshiba laptop. The issue has been occuring for a long time....
  9. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...
  10. FN key not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FN key not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531, With Windows 10 Pro,and when i click my wireless connection switch keys,Fn and f8,instead of turning my wireless connection on it makes this menu pop up on the side of my screen with airplane mode,bluetooth etc. it is very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1909 sony vaio win 10 hotkeys

2. adesso akb 111ub fn key isnt working properly

3. keyboard hotkeys working with windows key instead of fn key

4. fn dell 7490 Fn is not working anymore win 10,
  5. fn hotkey drivers,
  6. hotkeys driver not working ,
  7. windows fn key not working autohotkey