Windows 10: The folder isn’t supported because of its location Slideshow error

Discus and support The folder isn’t supported because of its location Slideshow error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When setting the Slideshow option for the lock screen in Personalisation settings, you may bump into The folder isn’t supported because of its location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

The folder isn’t supported because of its location Slideshow error

When setting the Slideshow option for the lock screen in Personalisation settings, you may bump into The folder isn’t supported because of its location Slideshow, Please choose another folder error. The error message shows up as you click on the Browse button and try to select the folder source for the lock screen slideshow. This prevents […]

This article The folder isn’t supported because of its location Slideshow error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 7, 2023

2. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2023
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 7, 2023
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 7, 2023
Thema:

1. The folder isn’t supported because of its location Slideshow error - Similar Threads - folder isn’t supported

2. Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...: Actually I already figured this out for my situation to leaving the results...Given: In Explorer I right clicked on pictures, properties, location, I clicked move, selected the new folder and got the “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...
  3. Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...: Actually I already figured this out for my situation to leaving the results...Given: In Explorer I right clicked on pictures, properties, location, I clicked move, selected the new folder and got the “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...
  4. Got the message “Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. unsupported file location for lockscreen slideshow

unsupported file location for lockscreen slideshow: hi when i want to use a file for slideshow for my lockscreen, the system says that the file is not supported because of its location. what do I have to change to make it work? thank you!...
  6. Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.: .I cannot move a folder to another partition and the message is shown in the picture. How to solve it!!!!!!!Initially the folder 'Pictures' was in C drive, after i change the location to drive D it shows this Access denies message....
  7. Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.

Cant move a folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.: .I cannot move a folder to another partition and the message is shown in the picture. How to solve it!!!!!!!Initially the folder 'Pictures' was in C drive, after i change the location to drive D it shows this Access denies message....
  8. Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can’t be redirected

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can’t be redirected: [ATTACH]If you are trying to change the location of the default folders such as Documents, Pictures, Downloads, and receive an error, then this post will help you resolve the problem. The error message shows as Can’t move the folder because there is a folder in the same...
  9. Can't change documents folder location because "there is a folder in same location that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change documents folder location because "there is a folder in same location that...: Hello. I reinstalled Windows and want to redirect my Documents and Pictures folder to be in their own folder on my HDD instead of on my C drive in Properties >Location since my C drive is a smaller SSD. It worked fine for my music, videos, and downloads. However, documents...
  10. Location of Image in Slideshow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Location of Image in Slideshow: I REALLY want to know the location of one of the images that is currently in the slideshow that displays as my lock screen. I am aware that this question has been asked, but the reference given in response by a Micrsoft Agent does not work currently. I have seen the...