Windows 10: The following components are required to run this program

Discus and support The following components are required to run this program in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]If you see the error message, The following components are required to run this program, while trying to run programs, primarily games, on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 11, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

The following components are required to run this program

The following components are required to run this program [​IMG]
    If you see the error message, The following components are required to run this program, while trying to run programs, primarily games, on your Windows 11/10 PC, then read this post to know how to successfully resolve the issue. The error appears when the user tries to launch the program or game. The missing component […]

This article The following components are required to run this program first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 11, 2023
  2. landoooo Win User

Error: the following component(s) are required to run this program DirectX Runtime

so i'm trying to run a game, and for whatever reason when ever it opens it comes up with an error - "Error: the following component(s) are required to run this program DirectX Runtime" . Which is strange because I've ran the DXSetup a hundred times. I'm
    not entirely sure what to do, i'm quite stuck, if somebody would help it would be great.

landoooo, Apr 11, 2023
  3. Street Fighter V Error The following component(s) are required to run this program Directx Runtime

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Answers.

As per the description, I understand that you are getting an error message: “The following component(s) are required to run this program Directx Runtime .”

I understand your concern and I will help you.

There might be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt or missing Windows files or some third party applications is causing conflict in the computer.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, please provide me with the following information.

• Did you make any significant hardware and software changes recently in the computer?
    To check which version of Direct X is installed in the computer, please follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows +R keys on the keyboard.

• In the Run box, type
      dxdiag.

• Press Enter.

• You will get the version of Direct X in the computer.
    I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try and run DirectX Diagnostic Tool and also try other steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

Note:
    DirectX is a suite of technologies used by many multimedia apps in Windows. If you're having problems getting a game or movie to play properly, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool can help you find the problem.

Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX

Windows help & learning

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If the issue still persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check installing DirectX using DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer download link
    and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If the issue does not occur in “Clean Boot”, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions for
    “Windows 8.1 and Windows 8” given in the section “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a Clean Boot” from the same given link.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Apr 11, 2023
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond The following components are required to run this program :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 11, 2023
Thema:

1. The following components are required to run this program - Similar Threads - following components are

2. A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version...: Hello,I have installed the program CapCut for video editing on my PC with Windows 10. When I try to open the program loading cursor shows for about 2 seconds and nothing happens. I also tried to Run as Administrator but receiving the same scenario.I opened Windows Event...
  3. A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version...: Hello,I have installed the program CapCut for video editing on my PC with Windows 10. When I try to open the program loading cursor shows for about 2 seconds and nothing happens. I also tried to Run as Administrator but receiving the same scenario.I opened Windows Event...
  4. A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I launch Brick Rigs it says "The following components are required to run this...

When I launch Brick Rigs it says "The following components are required to run this...: When I launch Brick Rigs it says "The following components are required to run this program: microsoft visual c++ runtime" PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-launch-brick-rigs-it-says-the-following/c765cf36-04c3-405b-a6bb-c4b9c6f91bc3
  6. Every Windows component that requires adin, askng for admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Windows component that requires adin, askng for admin...: Normally, thins llike Task anager and reming Bluetooth devices don't need to ask for admin perms, but now, whenever I start Task Manager or any other Windows proram even some of the settings, it asks me for admin. It started day before yesterday, when I added an account for...
  7. the following components are required to run this program directx runtime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the following components are required to run this program directx runtime: hello team! I am trying to play a game on Steam but it shows "the following components are required to run this program directx runtime" How can I fix it? Thank you....
  8. The following components are required to run this program microsoft visual c++ 2015 runtime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The following components are required to run this program microsoft visual c++ 2015 runtime: So i installed a game from steam named Mordhau. And this popped up on my screen. I tried downloading it but it said i already had it on my computer. Please help! [ATTACH]...
  9. When I launch Brick Rigs it says "The following component(s) are required to run this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I launch Brick Rigs it says "The following component(s) are required to run this...: Every time I try to run Brick Rigs on my computer it gives me the message "The following components(s) are required to run this program: directx runtime" I have tried "Start Fresh" and that has not fixed my issue. I have tried using vc_redist.x64, that didn't fix it either....
  10. Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges

Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 on my computer and a few weeks ago I started having problems running certain programs and tasks. I noticed today that anything requiring administrator privileges, such as certain programs, installing or removing programs, or even a system restore...