Windows 10: The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset

Discus and support The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an App that properly showed the font "segoe script" on Windows 10 on the following devices: Lumi950XL, Lumia 930 and PC. The I did a facory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff__Smart, Nov 18, 2018.

1. The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset

I have an App that properly showed the font "segoe script" on Windows 10 on the following devices: Lumi950XL, Lumia 930 and PC.

The I did a facory reset on the Lumia 950 XL and now the font seems to be gone because the app does not show it anymore.

As far as I know "segoe script" is one of the build in Fonts in Windows since Vista. What is wrong here? I already flashed back to a former Firmware and updated again to the latest release without success. Which setting of the facory reset is responsible for this behaviour?

[moved from German forums]

:)

Jeff__Smart, Nov 18, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 default font, total fonts (with sub-fonts example segoe ui italic, bold, etc)

Hi rsotol028

The default system font in Windows 10 is Segoe U

This is the list of Segoe UI fonts required in Windows

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"

"Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"

"Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"

"Segoe MDL2 Assets (TrueType)"="segmdl2.ttf"

"Segoe Print (TrueType)"="segoepr.ttf"

"Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"="segoeprb.ttf"

"Segoe Script (TrueType)"="segoesc.ttf"

"Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"="segoescb.ttf"

DaveM121, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Missing Segoe UI Font

I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back to the standard "Segoe UI Regular", only to discover it was no longer listed in font selection drop down box in Winaero Tweaker. I then checked Control Panel\Fonts\Segoe UI, and sure enough Segoe UI Regular and Segoe UI Bold are both missing.

Where can I get a copy of the Segoe UI fonts that come with Windows 10 to replace the ones I lost? I tried running sfc /scannow hoping that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running windows update to no avail either. I am download the Windows 10 installation media right now, because I read you could install fonts off the disc, but I haven't been able to find any information on how to do so.

ComponentActual, Nov 18, 2018
  4. RXMACON Win User

The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset

What is the file location for the "Segoe" font

I'm a novice on a mission to track down the file location of the "Segoe" font. PowerPoint 2016 font menu includes a font for just "Segoe" along with several others such as "Segoe Light", "Segoe "Light", "Segoe Black", "Segeo MDL2 Asset", "Segoe UI", etc.
    However, Windows 10 Font Control Panel includes files for "Segoe Light", "Segoe "Light", "Segoe Black", "Segeo MDL2 Asset", "Segoe UI", etc., BUT NOT for just "Segoe". Help will be appreciated.

RXMACON, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset

1. The font "segoe script" is gone/unusable in Windows 10 Mobile after factory reset - Similar Threads - font segoe script

2. Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset: Hello,I want to thank you in advance for any help you can provide to resolve my situation.Currently, I am unable to activate windows on my Razer Blade 15 laptop. I’ve had the laptop for about 2-3 years now and I thought it was about time for a factory reset, so that I can...
  3. Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset: Hello,I want to thank you in advance for any help you can provide to resolve my situation.Currently, I am unable to activate windows on my Razer Blade 15 laptop. I’ve had the laptop for about 2-3 years now and I thought it was about time for a factory reset, so that I can...
  4. Windows 10 pro product key gone after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro product key gone after factory reset: Hi, I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, later I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro, I bought a digital key from a certified reseller - everything worked fine. Recently I wanted to give this laptop to someone else, so I made a factory reset, using an external pendrive...
  5. Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font: Hey, I want to know how to download the Windows 7 Segoe UI fontfamily. I just want to know the download link here. Purpose is for: SevenTheme JB Carreon 177552
  6. Windows 8/8.1/10 Segoe font

Windows 8/8.1/10 Segoe font: [ATTACH]This might sound pointless but is there a way to get segoe font of windows 8/8.1/10 ? Windows 7 already has its own main font that is Segoe UI and has one copy whatever the appearance or the glyph whereas I have noticed that windows 8/8.1/10 has two copies of its own...
  7. Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very unstable/unusable after hard factory reset: I have having a few minor issues with my laptop so I decided to reinstall windows and clear the drive. However, once Windows got reinstalled my problems increased. My boot time went from 15 seconds to around a minute. Apps take way too long to open and stop responding after...
  8. Factory Reset Gone Wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Gone Wrong: I am having a problem with my computer. I did a factory reset because it was slow and my disk was always high so when I did i fell asleep because i knew it was going to take a little while. When i wake up my computer was turned off and when i turn it on, All i see is the logo...
  9. How to make segoe script my system font?

How to make segoe script my system font?: I jumped over from Ubuntu, and seoge script most closely resembles the system font I was using, but I can't find a way to change to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-segoe-script-my-system-font/f232cad5-ff4c-4ba7-908e-fb77680060b9
  10. Missing Segoe UI Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Segoe UI Font: I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. segoe script no longer works in my software