Windows 10: The forbidden Underscore

Discus and support The forbidden Underscore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. Just bought new pc and and after lots of mess with the shop, i now have it. But the operative system suddenly have prohibited the use of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stein5959, Jul 28, 2020.

1. The forbidden Underscore

Hello. Just bought new pc and and after lots of mess with the shop, i now have it. But the operative system suddenly have prohibited the use of underscore _ in folder names, and therefore when i installed my fave game, it came without the folders containing _ . Which also was the allocated game saving folder. Meaning i cannot create new games. (duh)
    I remember underscore have used to be pretty common in file and folder names.

I have been searching for solutions everywhere, but none writes about my problem. Thats strange. Have i been fooled by the service dept at the shop?

What version of windows have suddenly started this practice?
    Is there a quick fix, or do i have to reinstall to some former windows version ?

submitted by /u/Stein5959
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stein5959, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

403 Forbidden

Hi Sam,

The 403 Forbidden error is an HTTP status code which means that accessing the page or resource you were trying to reach is absolutely forbidden for some reason that is why you received the message
    You don't have permission to access /tigta/cgi-bin/tigcomplaint_scam.pl on this server.
    To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using another browser and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    the 403 Forbidden error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Ringbeep2 Win User
    Underscore problems on the E63

Thanks for that suggestion. Yes I have tried that and it

OK. It seems like I need to do a step by step:

Menu > Installations > Messenger > Open Messenger try to type in my domain name which includes an underscore that I am unable to type. I've tried pressing the Ctrl, Chr, button with the grey and white triangle, with the 'K' which has a dash, and by pressing
    them on there own. Nothing.

Ringbeep2, Jul 28, 2020
  4. The forbidden Underscore

403 forbidden

I had already tried firefox and chrome and they both said forbidden also. I did as you said and tried repair edge, that did not work so tried reset. Reset said edge couldn't start properly and it cleared some data to get me back to browsing the web. The
    Harriot Carter website still says forbidden after the reset. I am confused by re-registering the app following Option Two that you listed. Not too computer savy to follow which way to do it. I went to that website and chose option 2 but then did not know what
    to choose after that.

Think I should just do your last suggestion to run a repair install by installing the Media Creation Tool? That may be easier for me to follow. If so, will try it tomorrow. Gotta leave for work in 1/2 hour.

Thanks for the help Greg

charlottewalters, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

The forbidden Underscore

1. The forbidden Underscore - Similar Threads - forbidden Underscore

2. Getting a BSOD while playing Honkai Star Rail or Horizon Forbidden West

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a BSOD while playing Honkai Star Rail or Horizon Forbidden West: When I start these games i get a BSOD after a few minutes. Pc will still start and run normally after or when playing other games. I have tried multiple guides online about this BSOD but nothing helped. Here are my minidump files:...
  3. Getting a BSOD while playing Honkai Star Rail or Horizon Forbidden West

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a BSOD while playing Honkai Star Rail or Horizon Forbidden West: When I start these games i get a BSOD after a few minutes. Pc will still start and run normally after or when playing other games. I have tried multiple guides online about this BSOD but nothing helped. Here are my minidump files:...
  4. Getting a BSOD while playing Honkai Star Rail or Horizon Forbidden West

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. it keeps crashing after palying some game like cod or horizon forbidden west

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it keeps crashing after palying some game like cod or horizon forbidden west: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎4/‎10/‎2024 7:43 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff968f919dd460Parameter 2:...
  6. it keeps crashing after palying some game like cod or horizon forbidden west

it keeps crashing after palying some game like cod or horizon forbidden west: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎4/‎10/‎2024 7:43 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff968f919dd460Parameter 2:...
  7. how do I get rid of this error code? a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get rid of this error code? a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to...: How do I get rid of this message on my laptopAdditionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request....
  8. how do I get rid of this error code? a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to...

how do I get rid of this error code? a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to...: How do I get rid of this message on my laptopAdditionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request....
  9. how do I get rid of this error code? a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. While trying to install driver for wifi ,Installation forbidden by system policies contact...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While trying to install driver for wifi ,Installation forbidden by system policies contact...: I am trying to install the wifi driver for a optiplex 3040, when ever I try to run the installer it shows installation forbidden by system policies ,contact your system Administrator I Tried Turning off the vender signed updates and followed some steps from YouTube videos but...