Windows 10: The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

Discus and support The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I appreciate your confirmation of what I already suspected. Thanks, really! I wasn't trying anything shady/illegal, I just did not understand what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 2, 2015.

1. The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

That's fine, I'm cool with that. I just didn't want you pulling your hair out trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. It seems plausible right, Dell PC, Dell Disk, but that's not how it works. Its coded the way on purpose so people can't do what your trying to do.

alphanumeric, Jun 3, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

Tomcat, didn't the new Dell come with a preinstalled operating system?

I'm not understanding why you tried that in the first place.

Wynona, Jun 3, 2015
  3. Yes Windows 8.1. He was trying to install Windows 7 on that PC with a Dell disk for another Dell PC. That way, if he did have to give up a license for the free upgrade to 10, it wouldn't have been the Windows 8.1 that was originally installed.

4. f14tomcat Win User

The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

Sure it did, 8.1 Pro. From previous post #41... The whole reason for trying to do this was to be able to use the Win 7 license to get Win 10 on 7/29. And keep my Win 8.1.

But, oh well, can't get there from here. It's ok, I'm just a pack-rat and like to keep old stuff (like 7). *Wink

f14tomcat, Jun 3, 2015
  5. alphanumeric, Jun 3, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Jun 3, 2015
  7. richc46 Win User
    We are all in uncharted waters, but I do not think you can dual boot. I think that once you go to 10, your 7 or 8 will no longer validate.

richc46, Jun 3, 2015
  8. bagavan Win User

So Once it is upgraded to windows 10 before 2016, I can use my windows 8 key for activating windows 10 OS rite?

bagavan, Jun 3, 2015
  9. richc46 Win User
    You have to upgrade to 8.1 and that key will work, if you did not use it to upgrade previously.

richc46, Jun 3, 2015
  10. Charlie Win User
    That's right but then what will your key be when you need to or want to clean install 10

Charlie, Jun 3, 2015
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    I understand your meaning. I'll leave speculation alone, it can be dangerous. Not a forum topic. Peace... *Wink

f14tomcat, Jun 3, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    OK, I get it now.

Back when I worked as a volunteer rebuilding donated PCs for re-donation, we couldn't get that to work; only occasionally did the reinstall media come with the PC. However, one large corporation donated a bucket load of PCs and Windows 98 disks packaged with their keys. Lots of folks got helped by those computers!

Wynona, Jun 3, 2015
  13. The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

I have not seen it stated by Microsoft that Windows 10 will accept Windows 7 or 8 keys. I think you'll get a new Windows 10 key when you do the free upgrade. That is the key you would use on a clean install.

14. bagavan Win User
    I have used that 8 key for 8.1 installation.

bagavan, Jun 3, 2015
  15. Without the requirement of a license key, that will make activations a lot easier.

It's not going to try and insert it's own license SLIC into the Motherboard? In which case changing out the Mobo would actually stop this working..

Windows Sniper, Jun 3, 2015
Thema:

1. The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs - Similar Threads - Free Support Unlimited

2. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  3. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  4. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. free vversion reinstall as clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free vversion reinstall as clean install: I down loaded my free upgrade of win 10 Now i cannot load my office 16 iIam told i need a clean install of win 10 how do i reinstall the free win 19...
  6. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  7. Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...: I'm sorry if this question seems unnecessary. I built my first PC, installed Win10 from an installer a friend got from Microsoft Developer Network, I successfully activated it with my key from my Win10 laptop, and it is full of bloatware. I ran "Fresh Start" and it's all...
  8. Windows Unlimited Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Unlimited Permissions: I have been searching for the past few months for a windows 10 user manual(note: user manual is this 1000++ page document that tells you literally everything about the product), and frankly it doesn't exist. Therefore I have to ask here; How (I know it can be done if...
  9. Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?: I have a 2006-era Compaq PC with an AMD 64 X2 4400+ CPU (Socket 939), and it runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64 perfectly. It can even run Windows 8 x64. However, it cannot do the in-place Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit upgrades, due to this confounded...
  10. Windows 9 Will Support Unlimited Activations on Same Hardw

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Will Support Unlimited Activations on Same Hardw: In addition to the many new features and slight interface changes that Microsoft is making to Windows 9, the company is also pondering some tweaks under the hood that could improve the experience you get with the new operating system. According to new information coming...