Windows 10: The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

Discus and support The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 will be offered free of charge to those who upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, but since a genuine product key is automatically upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 2, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

Source

More
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date[/quote]

labeeman, Jun 2, 2015
  2. Dave494 Win User

Installing Windows 10 FREE on a blank or formatted drive

Thanks for replying.

Okay, the user must first initiate the Windows 10 free upgrade within Windows 7/8/8.1 first, but after that, can Windows 10 be installed (an unlimited number of times) on a blank hard drive
    in the same computer?

Will the Windows 10 installer offer a "clean" install option i.e. erase the partition (and its contents) first, even when upgrading from an existing version of Windows?

Dave494, Jun 2, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Can I upgrade for free later? Like much later?

Once your computer is activated on Windows 10, you can reinstall or clean install Windows 10 an unlimited number of times on the same computer forever. That means, for example, that you can go back to Windows 7 now and then re-install or clean
    install Windows 10 at any time in the future until the end of time. Just make sure that your computer is currently activated on Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

This was one of the concepts we tried to wrap our minds around back then... Windows 9 Will Support Unlimited Activations on Same Hardw - Windows 10 Forums

Thus, assuming the underlying OS qualifies for the upgrade vis-a-vis specification and legality, the MSA and deviceID is linked to the activation of the upgrade and any subsequent installations on that device, using the same MSA, will not require a key.

Superfly, Jun 2, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    It's good news.. I hope the source has it right this time.

BunnyJ, Jun 2, 2015
  6. Dave44 Win User
    great news indeed *Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh

Dave44, Jun 2, 2015
  7. z3r010 Win User
    I've added all the reliant tweets to the first post for clarity.

z3r010, Jun 2, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Oh good, that's way better than we expected.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2015
  9. alphanumeric, Jun 2, 2015
  10. Flik Win User
    Good news indeed. I still want to know what happens when we replace/upgrade components (Motherboard and HDD in particular). Hopefully they will clarify soon.

11. waltc Win User
    Lack of info here is beginning to bother me as well. People have been wondering what the "gotcha" might be behind the free upgrade...if it's true that from now on that every licensed copy of Windows is tied to a specific piece of hardware...then that is exactly like OEM versions work today with Win7/8. You can clean install OEM Windows an infinite number of times right now, but the catch is that that's only true on the original motherboard...! If that what's Microsoft means, then I fear that is not going to make people happy--not at all.

waltc, Jun 2, 2015
  12. strollin Win User
    Why would you expect it to work any differently?

strollin, Jun 2, 2015
  13. dougout Win User

I would hope it would work differently if your original copy of Windows was a retail version. However, my wishes do not necessarily correspond with those of Microsoft.*Smile

dougout, Jun 2, 2015
  14. Mystere Win User
    How exactly did you read that into anything that was said?

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  15. Xehanort Win User
    Hi guys! Just registered on the forum, and I would like to make a question about this because the information we were given is leaving my n00bish brain confused The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs :p

I have a laptop in which I want to install Windows 10 (local account, no Microsoft account), and my question is would I be able to perform a clean install of the OS while retaining the retail license? Sorry if the answer was already made obvious, but what I got from this is that you need to upgrade first and only then you can perform a clean install with the retail license of the computer that was upgraded...or did I got that completely backwards?

My ideia was to download the upgrade and convert it into an ISO using this guide, assuming the upgrade comes in an ESD file of course. But i'm still confused if that's actually possible or not, so a little clarification for the new kid here would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for the help *Smile

Xehanort, Jun 2, 2015
Thema:

1. The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs - Similar Threads - Free Support Unlimited

2. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  3. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  4. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. free vversion reinstall as clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free vversion reinstall as clean install: I down loaded my free upgrade of win 10 Now i cannot load my office 16 iIam told i need a clean install of win 10 how do i reinstall the free win 19...
  6. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  7. Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...: I'm sorry if this question seems unnecessary. I built my first PC, installed Win10 from an installer a friend got from Microsoft Developer Network, I successfully activated it with my key from my Win10 laptop, and it is full of bloatware. I ran "Fresh Start" and it's all...
  8. Windows Unlimited Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Unlimited Permissions: I have been searching for the past few months for a windows 10 user manual(note: user manual is this 1000++ page document that tells you literally everything about the product), and frankly it doesn't exist. Therefore I have to ask here; How (I know it can be done if...
  9. Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?: I have a 2006-era Compaq PC with an AMD 64 X2 4400+ CPU (Socket 939), and it runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64 perfectly. It can even run Windows 8 x64. However, it cannot do the in-place Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit upgrades, due to this confounded...
  10. Windows 9 Will Support Unlimited Activations on Same Hardw

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Will Support Unlimited Activations on Same Hardw: In addition to the many new features and slight interface changes that Microsoft is making to Windows 9, the company is also pondering some tweaks under the hood that could improve the experience you get with the new operating system. According to new information coming...