Windows 10: The future of history

Discus and support The future of history in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, is windows 10 file history going to be removed in fall update? thanks. 92681 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by roy111, Sep 2, 2017.

1. roy111 Win User

The future of history

Hi,

is windows 10 file history going to be removed in fall update?

thanks.

:)

roy111, Sep 2, 2017

2. History and Future

One thing you have to keep in mind is that when phones like the 3310 was released it was a basic model but was still quite costly. The 1202 and other similar models are a fraction of the cost in comparison, probably 75% less than the 3310's original retail
    price.

Market pressure and competition has forced all manufacturers to release cheaper, lower quality products. If you want something as good as the old models you need to look a bit further up the range. For example have a look at nokia's new Asha range of basic
    phones.

psychomania---01, Sep 2, 2017
  3. History and Future

That's just the way modern times are. They have to compete across all price points with all manufacturers.

Nokia makes lots of quality reasonably prices products across all ranges. The new Nokia 100 is a good example of a cheap solid basic product.

8910, 5140, & 6250 are all products of a past era, that just aren't required in great enough numbers nowadays. If you aren't happy with Nokia's current models all you can do is use old phones or switch to another brand.

psychomania---01, Sep 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

The future of history

dalchina, Sep 2, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    History has been incorporated into Edge....brilliant.....if you don't clear history it goes back as far as you want, listing times and dates to the minute.

dencal, Sep 2, 2017
  6. roy111 Win User
    Ok thanks, don't see it listed/deprecate; I quite like file history hope it will stay.

The title is not as intriguing as:

Syskey.exe
    Removing this nonsecure security feature

roy111, Sep 2, 2017
  7. lmaneke Win User
    I use Windows 7 Backup on my machine. It would be horrible if they remove it.

lmaneke, Sep 2, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

The future of history

There's no 'X' in the 'Removed' column, so it should still be there in the Fall, but it's only a stay of execution as Microsoft do say...
    Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Bree, Sep 2, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    A new feature called Timeline was originally supposed to appear in the Fall, which seemed to do the same job as History, and them some more. But it's been postponed, apparently...
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/3/15...-feature-delay

Bree, Sep 2, 2017
  10. roy111 Win User
    It does not seems to me that timeline has anything to do with file backup,
    i hope it's just a new feature and not a file history replacement ...

roy111, Sep 2, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    I'd agree based on the little I've read.

The problem with relying on MS utilities is they have an irritating and repeated habit of removing things one uses from OS build to OS build. Like Outlook Express and Win Mail, and some multimedia programs.

My policy is to use 3rd party solutions for key functions.

dalchina, Sep 2, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Others took a different read on it...

Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

13. dalchina New Member

The future of history

There seem more references to Timeline and continuity between devices, than this:
    Microsoft 'Timeline' for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update lets you rewind open apps and documents | Windows Central
    which seems to offer a quite different definition but which does seem to fit the name better.

At this point all is speculation, I would think. From MS's point of view, continuity between devices would seem to offer a greater market advantage- or perhaps response- as it would tend to persuade people to use Windows devices to gain the benefit.

Providing a slick version of File History would be nice, but far more arcane, applying to a niche market of informed users, so much less significant in market terms.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The future of history

1. The future of history - Similar Threads - future history

2. Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...: As said in the above question. Do I have to buy windows 11 again. Or can I just move the old SSD into the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-to-build-a-new-computer-in-the-future-can-i/28614ae0-36e6-4baa-944f-cd97242891db
  3. Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...: As said in the above question. Do I have to buy windows 11 again. Or can I just move the old SSD into the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-to-build-a-new-computer-in-the-future-can-i/28614ae0-36e6-4baa-944f-cd97242891db
  4. Can I reuse my outlook.com email address as an alias on another account in future if I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse my outlook.com email address as an alias on another account in future if I...: Hi all,A few years back, I created a new Microsoft account under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and tried to use it as the primary address on my "main" Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, before I realised that what I should have done...
  5. Can I reuse my outlook.com email address as an alias on another account in future if I...

Can I reuse my outlook.com email address as an alias on another account in future if I...: Hi all,A few years back, I created a new Microsoft account under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and tried to use it as the primary address on my "main" Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, before I realised that what I should have done...
  6. I come for the future my studies is ultra fasters and important when I get the motivation I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I come for the future my studies is ultra fasters and important when I get the motivation I...: people I tell you something please try help me in this moment i have the motivation and thinks for can chance the life the to much people I don't want lost this motivation is for this I working very hard one but something I feeling very bad and is very difficult to me get...
  7. I come for the future my studies is ultra fasters and important when I get the motivation I...

I come for the future my studies is ultra fasters and important when I get the motivation I...: people I tell you something please try help me in this moment i have the motivation and thinks for can chance the life the to much people I don't want lost this motivation is for this I working very hard one but something I feeling very bad and is very difficult to me get...
  8. System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...: Every time I start the system from sleep or at a cold start, the system clock is set 62 minutes and about 25 seconds into the future. After a manual synchronization of the clock, it runs with a correct system time.The problem started to occur after one of the latest updates...
  9. System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...: Every time I start the system from sleep or at a cold start, the system clock is set 62 minutes and about 25 seconds into the future. After a manual synchronization of the clock, it runs with a correct system time.The problem started to occur after one of the latest updates...
  10. System time keeps jumping 62 minutes into the future every time my computer starts or wakes...