Windows 10: The future of history

Discus and support The future of history in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, is windows 10 file history going to be removed in fall update? thanks. 92681 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by roy111, Sep 2, 2017.

1. roy111 Win User

The future of history

Hi,

is windows 10 file history going to be removed in fall update?

thanks.

:)

roy111, Sep 2, 2017

2. History and Future

One thing you have to keep in mind is that when phones like the 3310 was released it was a basic model but was still quite costly. The 1202 and other similar models are a fraction of the cost in comparison, probably 75% less than the 3310's original retail
    price.

Market pressure and competition has forced all manufacturers to release cheaper, lower quality products. If you want something as good as the old models you need to look a bit further up the range. For example have a look at nokia's new Asha range of basic
    phones.

psychomania---01, Sep 2, 2017
  3. History and Future

That's just the way modern times are. They have to compete across all price points with all manufacturers.

Nokia makes lots of quality reasonably prices products across all ranges. The new Nokia 100 is a good example of a cheap solid basic product.

8910, 5140, & 6250 are all products of a past era, that just aren't required in great enough numbers nowadays. If you aren't happy with Nokia's current models all you can do is use old phones or switch to another brand.

psychomania---01, Sep 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

The future of history

dalchina, Sep 2, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    History has been incorporated into Edge....brilliant.....if you don't clear history it goes back as far as you want, listing times and dates to the minute.

dencal, Sep 2, 2017
  6. roy111 Win User
    Ok thanks, don't see it listed/deprecate; I quite like file history hope it will stay.

The title is not as intriguing as:

Syskey.exe
    Removing this nonsecure security feature

roy111, Sep 2, 2017
  7. lmaneke Win User
    I use Windows 7 Backup on my machine. It would be horrible if they remove it.

lmaneke, Sep 2, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

The future of history

There's no 'X' in the 'Removed' column, so it should still be there in the Fall, but it's only a stay of execution as Microsoft do say...
    Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Bree, Sep 2, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    A new feature called Timeline was originally supposed to appear in the Fall, which seemed to do the same job as History, and them some more. But it's been postponed, apparently...
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/3/15...-feature-delay

Bree, Sep 2, 2017
  10. roy111 Win User
    It does not seems to me that timeline has anything to do with file backup,
    i hope it's just a new feature and not a file history replacement ...

roy111, Sep 2, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    I'd agree based on the little I've read.

The problem with relying on MS utilities is they have an irritating and repeated habit of removing things one uses from OS build to OS build. Like Outlook Express and Win Mail, and some multimedia programs.

My policy is to use 3rd party solutions for key functions.

dalchina, Sep 2, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Others took a different read on it...

Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

13. dalchina New Member

The future of history

There seem more references to Timeline and continuity between devices, than this:
    Microsoft 'Timeline' for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update lets you rewind open apps and documents | Windows Central
    which seems to offer a quite different definition but which does seem to fit the name better.

At this point all is speculation, I would think. From MS's point of view, continuity between devices would seem to offer a greater market advantage- or perhaps response- as it would tend to persuade people to use Windows devices to gain the benefit.

Providing a slick version of File History would be nice, but far more arcane, applying to a niche market of informed users, so much less significant in market terms.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The future of history

1. The future of history - Similar Threads - future history

2. (Survey) Determining Longevity (lifespan) of Laptops to help inform future purchasing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Survey) Determining Longevity (lifespan) of Laptops to help inform future purchasing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/perrytheplatypussy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jikj5x/survey_determining_longevity_lifespan_of_laptops/
  3. Did the updates shutdown my laptop and how do I avoid this in future?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did the updates shutdown my laptop and how do I avoid this in future?: Hello, Is it possible to keep a win 10 machine running unattended for months, even after Windows updates? In two weeks I leave town for 3 months. And I need to connect to home machine every day. The house will be locked up and no one can come in and start the machine if...
  4. "Voice activation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future update."

in Cortana
    "Voice activation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future update.": I want to have voice activation on for Cortana but it keeps telling me in the settings that the feature is unavailable and will be released in a future update. However it's been almost 3 months and voice activation has still not worked and is still "waiting for the update"....
  5. "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer: Today I went to a folder in my Downloads, and the folders last modified date was 7/21/2185. I did not modify the folder in any way, please tell me what is going on![ATTACH]...
  6. Windows support of third party 32bit applications into the future ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows support of third party 32bit applications into the future ?: Hello One of the great attractions of Windows as opposed to Mac is that I can run mission critical 3rd party 32 bit programs on Windows 10. Will Windows continue to do this into the future ? Thanks...
  7. Future upgrades to Windows 10

Future upgrades to Windows 10: Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 and as part of the upgrade I had to get a phone call with a code that was sent to my landline phone. I then entered the code into the computer and Widows let me on. As I went through this process this time I think I saw a note that in the...
  8. A Peek at the Future

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Peek at the Future: Just thought I'd share with you a couple of new icons that are coming. They are Settings AND Snip& Sketch [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-peek-at-the-future/8efaa5b5-918f-48ae-87a0-16046c19bef0
  9. Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender?

Will future updates fix my broken Windows Defender?: My windows defender suddenly stopped working turns out this is a common problem, i dont know if i want use recovery because its says im gonna lose all my apps on the c drive....
  10. The future of windows

in Windows 10 Support
    The future of windows: As you all know almost every computer you buy these days will be Windows 10 as the os unless you have like a chromebook or a apple computer. So what do you think the future of Windows will be. Will it stay as windows ten forever or will there be like a Windows 11 or 12 down...