Windows 10: The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS

Discus and support The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What do you think Windows 10 will be like in the future? Will there ever be another Windows? I get the feeling that Windows 10 will not end up being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Atomic77, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Atomic77 Win User

The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS

What do you think Windows 10 will be like in the future? Will there ever be another Windows? I get the feeling that Windows 10 will not end up being the last Windows we will ever see no matter how many times they update it. I also think Microsoft has got a lot more up its sleeves then they are telling us. Anyone else got anything to say?

:)

Atomic77, Dec 2, 2015
  2. volkfm Win User

Android OS, Project Astoria and the future of WP10

Hello, dear community.

I'm really curious about windows 10 mobile's future and microsoft's policy at all!

First of all, I want to know can i install any version of Android on my Lumia 640?

The second question is "What the **** with you, microsoft?!". you closed project Astoria only because android apps were unstable and laggy?! whole windows 10 mobile is unstable and laggy, but you still didn't close it.

well, i'm ok with Astoria. but why you closed here transit (and didn't add the same features to maps app) and mixradio (which was completely free and now replaced by non-free groove music pass)?

and finally the third question. I was on release build of W10M and it had really critical bugs. Now I'm on fast ring build (14322) and it has critical bugs too...Which version of WP should i use? and why should i use WP at all? why I can't (of course if
    I really can't do it) simply use android on my lumia?

volkfm, Dec 2, 2015
  3. The future Nokia OS update for Nokia 808 PureView (my views)

Hello…I own an 808 PureView device. At the outset, I must congratulate you for creating such a marvelous device. It’s in all dimensions a brilliant Smartphone and has no major lags except a few which I would like to mention as suggestions to improve the
    general smoothness and usefulness of its User Interface (henceforth-UI).

• The in-built gallery lacks ‘mark multiple items’ option which, if integrated, can be fruitfully used to delete or send multiple items though Bluetooth. Also, the in-built gallery lacks
      ‘renaming’ function which would otherwise be helpful in organizing the gallery items, and in giving custom names which are easy to remember and deal with.
    • The generic MUSIC PLAYER lacks the track/music search function from within the music player, and so, to search a song out of the vast collection, the user has to use the generic SEARCH application by exiting or minimizing
      the music player, which in itself is a cumbersome exercise. The search function, if integrated into the music player, will help a great deal in making the music experience really customized and precise as also time saving.
    • The in-built VIDEO editing options available in the video viewing dashboard are relatively much naïve and rudimentary as compared to PureView’s lesser predecessor, the N8. Now, since 808 is a full-fledged camera Smartphone, it is bit logical
      on part of the user to expect the video editing dashboard to be as efficient and complete as the photo editing dashboard of the same is. Advance options like adding music clip can be added to the video editing console to mitigate the need of using any third
      party application to do so, and thus, it will further enhance the utility drawn from the cell-phone UI in terms of video editing and viewing.
    • The generic MESSAGING application has the default view as CONVERSATIONS view and manual selection every time is required to switch the view to FOLDERS mode. If there had been an option to make a choice in setting the folders view or the
      conversations view as default as per users convenience, it would have been again a smooth messaging experience.
    • To end up, the generic CONTACT application lacks the facility to edit the contact labels unlike the one which was available in S60 V3 devices (I owned N79 prior to owing 808 PureView and so I am well aware of this utility). Facility to
      edit the contact labels makes it easy to differentiate between multiple contact numbers of the same contact so as to have an ease of remembrance and clarity of use.
    I earnestly hope that Nokia will incorporate some or all of these suggestions in the next-to-come firmware upgrade for Belle FP1 devices. These modifications/additions, if done and made, will make the Belle OS fully competent with its various other contemporaries
    as it just lacks these things but otherwise is a fluid and extremely useful OS. I request you to kindly pay due heed and consideration to my observations and work towards making the Belle OS an all-encompassing mobile platform. Thanking You.

elegantbymind, Dec 2, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS

Name no but in couple of years may look and be something entirely different. What might happen, or at least hope so, is to be split into parts of which one would be serious desktop and workstation part with mobile parts only as a guest in it if wanted. Almost any desktop could run primarily mobile APPs but will be long time until mobile devices will be powerful enough to run serious SW.

CountMike, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS

1. The FUTURE OF WINDOWS OS - Similar Threads - FUTURE

2. Moving e-mail from Inbox to Folder for future reference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving e-mail from Inbox to Folder for future reference: When organizing my Inbox, I would like to move the messages into client folders to save. When I drag them into the folder, they do not disappear from the Inbox or the Sent file. Can I make that happen automatically when I pull them into the client folder? Thanks!...
  3. Windows Insider Podcast Episode 18 - Days of Future Passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Insider Podcast Episode 18 - Days of Future Passwords: The Windows Insider Podcast is back for a new season, starting with a two-part episode. First, Jason chats with the Windows Hello team about security innovations that are rendering passwords obsolete and making authentication safer and easier than ever. Nadya Amirchoupani and...
  4. Do Restore Points have a future?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do Restore Points have a future?: Yesterday I discovered my one Restore Point had vanished, why might this have happened? I don't keep more than two as I have a 'small storage' device. This would not be a problem if they could be saved and used from an external drive ---- I have nor seen any suggestion that...
  5. Future potential Windows activation trouble

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Future potential Windows activation trouble: I was looking to buy a laptop that comes with a slow hard drive, and I want to buy a faster drive to replace it. Assuming that hardware conflicts are not an issue (I have researched and verified that the drive will work), will I be able to have activated Windows on the new...
  6. PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes without warning, date changes to future on restart: I am running windows 10 on a PC that is about 4 years old. Without warning the PC freezes and either comes back to life with a date way in the future i.e. 5/1/2077; or if I for a shut down and restart it the date is often similar in the future. Also it freezes when watching...
  7. How to block future features updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to block future features updates: Help would be greatly appreciated please. I am frustrated with constant difficulties installing Features updates that I will never use - how do I block them (and stop auto updates from telling me they are there) but allow Security updates to be installed as normal. The...
  8. Google Shaping the future of mobile with Android at MWC19

in Windows 10 News
    Google Shaping the future of mobile with Android at MWC19: Android's mission has always been to work closely with a broad and open ecosystem of partners to push the boundaries of hardware and software, bringing new experiences and capabilities to your mobile device. Together with manufacturers, carriers, chipset makers and...
  9. Securing the future of AI and machine learning at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Securing the future of AI and machine learning at Microsoft: Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are making a big impact on how people work, socialize, and live their lives. As consumption of products and services built around AI and machine learning increases, specialized actions must be undertaken to safeguard not only...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall?: I finally made the leap from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Gulp! I have two window 7 computers and upgraded them both to windows 10 (doing it online). My questions are related to future issues (I have no doubt I will eventually have issues at some time) and how to handle them....