Windows 10: The games are lagging in Windows10

Discus and support The games are lagging in Windows10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I have a dual operating system of windows 7 32 bit and windows 10 64 bit.My problem is that the games which are running smoothly in win 7 are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Deepak M, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Deepak M Win User

The games are lagging in Windows10

Hi!I have a dual operating system of windows 7 32 bit and windows 10 64 bit.My problem is that the games which are running smoothly in win 7 are lagging in windows 10.I have a inbult graphic card . I don't know what is the problemPlease help!!!

:)

Deepak M, Dec 22, 2015
  2. Sher Amo Win User

my games on my computer are lagging

A third-party program conflict can be the reason for this error.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the game/application that you're using?
    • Were you able to verify if the hardware components of your device passed the minimum system requirements of the application?
    • What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this article on how to perform
    a clean boot in Windows
    . This helps eliminate software conflicts that occurs when you install a program or an update. You may also determine what conflict is causing the issue by performing this method.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 22, 2015
  3. PewP3r Win User
    PewP3r, Dec 22, 2015
  4. The games are lagging in Windows10

10 is more resources hungry than 7 and 64-bit version even more.
    Try to install Cleanmem to get back some RAM, you seem to lack of.

Not to mention, that your graphic drivers are optimized for 7, while in 10 there are most likely used generic drivers for, I suppose, an outdated GPU, which will never be updated again. Better stick to 7 then untill you get a new computer.

TairikuOkami, Dec 22, 2015
  5. Deepak M Win User
    But even the old School games are also lagging.And the same game is running perfectly in windows 7 .Do I have a problem between 32bit and 64 bit os.And thanks for answer.

Deepak M, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Don't listen to the guy that recommended using Cleanmem, Windows 10 manages its' RAM quite well (better than 7), and doesn't need to have its' RAM "cleaned". RAM/memory cleaners are snake oil.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this, I can attest that some games do seem to run like slower in 10. A prime example is Grand Theft Auto V. For awhile it plays fine, then it just totally freezes, with the audio playing (stuttering) in the background (not normally, just imagine the revving engine of a car in the background, except it's the same sound over and over again). This happens for up to a minute, then everything is fine and dandy for awhile...........until it suddenly happens again. It mostly seems to occur during police chases, when the game is running faster and using more CPU/RAM. I have very rarely had this issue in 7. If 10 is so much more resource-efficient than previous Windows, why does this happen?

AnonVendetta, Jan 6, 2016
  7. In most of the testing I've done, games run about 5-10% better in Win10 than they did on Win7.

What I find really odd is people assuming you need more RAM, when the only specs you've given so far are a very vague "I have a inbult graphic card".

The inbred card doesn't have a dedicated chip, and instead piggybacks CPU cycles. Most likely the issue is due to an aging CPU that cannot handle the additional graphic processing required in Win10.

But really, any response at all is going to be pure speculation until you give us actual information about your PC's specs.
    A published Speccy log is a very valuable tool.

SylenThunder, Jan 11, 2016
  8. eastman Win User

OK, here's the problem: Games are not running fast/smooth on a new OS using drivers for an old OS.
    OK, here's the solution: UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS, and that 2GB RAM is pitiful, I thought Win10 needed at least 3 GB to run...

eastman, Jan 21, 2016
  9. Good point, eastman, about the drivers. I can attest that my lag has disappeared in most games ever since I updated my drivers. I have a 4 yr old Alienware laptop that runs most newer games with decent performance, when I was still running 7. When I installed 10 I was still trying to use most of the older 7 drivers from Dell's support website, assuming they would work fine. I've since found more recent drivers in the past 2 weeks (since my initial post in this thread) and all seems fine now. I had tried installing 10 in the past several times, but it eventually crashed and I gave up, figuring my hardware was just a bit too old. I now have a sneaking suspicion that the older drivers caused the crashes. I havent had any crashes recently, no corrupt system files, Explorer no longer lags after updating my Intel chipset and IRST drivers, everything is mostly smooth with a few minor glitches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt 10 have the lowest hardware/system requirements since XP? Vista and onward up to 8.1 required more resources to run than 10 does. 10 makes obvious sense if you want to get the best performance from your PC, especially on aging hardware like mine.

AnonVendetta, Jan 22, 2016
  10. mrpumpkin Win User
    The problem is not the drivers if you are dual booting as each OS would install it's own drivers to each partition. The problem is the ram.

Though you might be able to slide by with 1 gig of ram (min sys requirements) in both w10 and w7 that is for 32 BIT SYSTEMS! The 64 bit win 10 partition doubles that ram requirement to 2 gigs.

On my w10 64 bit with only FF running I'm right at 2 gb of ram usage. If you were comparing w10 32 bit performance to your w7 partition, I suspect it would be about the same or maybe slightly better.

mrpumpkin, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Archie123 Win User
    if its stuttering your running out of ram or vram , as has been said you have moved from a 32 to a 64 bit os 2gb wont cut it *Smile

Archie123, Jan 23, 2016
  12. Deepak M Win User
    Just upgraded my PC to 6 gigs of ram and buyed a video card .
    So the problem was with my hardware guys.
    Anyways thanks to all.

Deepak M, Jun 7, 2016
  13. alexk207 Win User

Suppose you could try Wise Memory Optimizer.

alexk207, Jun 29, 2016
  14. ballinout Win User
    Ram my friend. You need Ram. Also a graphics card wouldn't hurt to really enjoy games.

ballinout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The games are lagging in Windows10 - Similar Threads - games are lagging

2. GAME LAG

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GAME LAG: when ever i start any game in my pc it starts working like slideshow like for only 1 fps how can i fix this? earlier my every game run very very smooth with maybe 60-100 fps but now not even 5 fps it goes pls help me fix it....
  3. Game Lag

Game Lag: PLS help me when ever i open downloaded game in my pc first it start and then it starts lagging pls help me it lags like it on1 fps the game works but it works like slideshow pls help me how can i sort out this problem...
  4. Games Lagging!!

Games Lagging!!: Laptop Specs:i7-8750H 16GB RAMNVIDIA GTX 1060 MAX Q1 TB HDDHello,After recent updates, my games seem to not fully utilize available dedicated GPU memory, running fortnite at epic settings, my task manager shows 1.4 GB usage out of 6GB but utilization at 100 percent which is...
  5. Games lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lagging: recently all of my games have started to lag on my laptop on windows 10 they used to work fine a month before but recently they have started to lag a lot but sometimes they start to work fine then the next day my games would lag again and the games I play include valorant and...
  6. Game lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lagging: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro. But the games which is used to play in my older version is not working in my new version,so I downloaded some of the missing files and the game worked. But the problem was that the game is working very slowly so...
  7. Lag on games

Lag on games: How to stop lag when playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-on-games/ea2bcc39-b6af-42dc-ae63-d71c50fedd33
  8. Game lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag: After reformating my computer and receiving updates, games like citra and others began lagging. there is not much updates to uninstall and all of the drivers are updated. Should i wait for the next update to deal with this or what?...
  9. Lagging games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lagging games.: I have errors playing fortnite csgo and alot of other games the game that i play is roblox and its super laggy there i have a microsoft display adapter driver someone please help me with my issue....
  10. Games Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Lag: Hello, I am posting here for some fresh insight to help me troubleshoot my game lag issues. I just recently built a new computer and am using Windows 10 for the first time. All of my games are lagging despite the greatly varied system requirements and they all lag at the...