Windows 10: The "GetVersionTask" task failed unexpectedly.

Discus and support The "GetVersionTask" task failed unexpectedly. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have repaired Visual Studio, however this is what follows each time I try to update my Web project: Severity Code Description Project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardVaklinov, May 15, 2019.

1. The "GetVersionTask" task failed unexpectedly.

I have repaired Visual Studio, however this is what follows each time I try to update my Web project:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The "GetVersionTask" task failed unexpectedly.
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at InlineCode.GetVersionTask.Execute() in x:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\(x)\(y)cs:line (x)
    ) at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()
    I find it hard to understand what I am missing. It is a Win32Exception.

:)

EdwardVaklinov, May 15, 2019
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, May 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 15, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

The "GetVersionTask" task failed unexpectedly.

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 15, 2019
Thema:

The "GetVersionTask" task failed unexpectedly.

1. The "GetVersionTask" task failed unexpectedly. - Similar Threads - GetVersionTask task failed

2. BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap + iaStorE.sys failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap + iaStorE.sys failed: BSOD with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap + iaStorE.sys failed error. I'v tried going through the repeated repair options menu so far but keep going in circles. The Prepairing Automatic repair & Diagnosing your PC failed as well as Restart. Under Troubleshooting >Advanced...
  3. Task manager fails to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager fails to open: [ATTACH] Hi, as you can see, when I open task manager in small window, it works, but if I open advanced options, it freezes and fall down. I run Troubleshooting, sfc, dism but nothing work. I tried to open in Safe Mode but it makes the same. I run scan for viruses with...
  4. Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute

Starting Task Bar tasks fail to execute: After the last monthly Winows10 update, all my task bar icons fail to execute and give the errmsg '....\identity_helper.exe not found' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starting-task-bar-tasks-fail-to-execute/d6ed93d8-ea0b-4de9-a5b5-8a5963f87142
  5. Task SvcRestartTask: The task XML contains an unexpected node

in Windows 10 News
    Task SvcRestartTask: The task XML contains an unexpected node: [ATTACH]If all of a sudden you have started receiving Task Scheduler error — Task […] This article Task SvcRestartTask: The task XML contains an unexpected node first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery

Tasks scheduler stops unexpected on switch to battery: Hi, I have an serious problem on all laptops, running Windows 10 pro or home current version 2004 I have created several scheduled tasks, triggered at startup and running under an administrator account, regardless the user is logged on or not. The task is configured to...
  7. Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler Tasks copy file to mapped network drive fails: I've read a dozen or so of the posts regarding Task Scheduler issues - so far haven't seen my issue solved. Tasks which functioned more-or-less in W7 were saved, then imported to a new PC with a fresh install of W10. They seem to have imported intact. They all call batch...
  8. New installation fails with unexpected error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New installation fails with unexpected error 0xc0000098: Today I bought Windows 10 Home 32/64-bit on a USB-stick and tried to install the 64-bit version on a computer that has never used Windows before. After it is done loading files I can see the Windows logo for a second then I get an unexpected error: [img] The computer...
  9. Unexpected error failed installation (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unexpected error failed installation (Windows 10): So I've bought a new PC (Windows 10) and with the first Start I get a message saying: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation can not proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart...
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getversiontask