Windows 10: The Ghost desktop after update

Discus and support The Ghost desktop after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (context) Hello, I have a problem. I updated my computer before going to bed on the 25 of march the next day I turned on my computer and the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/titspazmagy, Mar 27, 2021.

1. The Ghost desktop after update

(context)

Hello, I have a problem.

I updated my computer before going to bed on the 25 of march the next day I turned on my computer and the desktop was empty except for the web browsers. When I was looking for my desktop files and went to the file location it sent me to a desktop in my file explorer (so it appeared that now I had two desktops). I thought that this will be my new reality so I exported the files to my new desktop but I left one presentation that I could not transfer nor did I need it so I just left it there. when on with my day and continued working.

Problems raised yesterday when everything was gone again except for the presentation I left on my old desktop (so my old desktop was back).

When I looked for the files they were nowhere to be found. Ghosts of the files were on my recent files but all of them were corrupted.

I called customer support and I got a few files back (from the rubbish bin (IDK) but not the important ones.

(Info)

edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 20H2

(not important)

I've gotten very depressed and am in a crisis because I'm finishing school and I've lost all my work with my diploma thesis.

Please help

submitted by /u/titspazmagy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/titspazmagy, Mar 27, 2021

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Mar 27, 2021
  3. I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Recently, a "ghost" desktop has appeared on my computer. It shows a list of a number of website tabs behind my desktop icons. Clicking on the exit "X" does not get rid of it. Nothing seems to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

DougPowers, Mar 27, 2021
  4. The Ghost desktop after update

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

The Ghost desktop after update

1. The Ghost desktop after update - Similar Threads - Ghost desktop update

2. Ghost files on desktop after deletion.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost files on desktop after deletion.: I will frequently save an image from a website to my desktop just long enough to drag and drop it into something like Discord to share it and then delete it. After deleting it I then empty my recycling bin. At some point later not sure how long the file will reappear with the...
  3. Ghost of a shortcut on desktop, undeleteable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost of a shortcut on desktop, undeleteable?: It's a .url file titled 2z0IupRlVRlDN5r2IVqHyN. Trying to delete it the normal way brings back a pop up labeled "Item Not Found" saying "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\David\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." 04/07/2021...
  4. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost monitor problem second desktop: One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the taskbar. I could get it back to the "first screen" by opening Discrod on the miniature icons on the far right of the...
  5. Ghost icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost icons on desktop: Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in this video, i need to refresh manually my desktop to take them out. https://imgur.com/a/6S435WT...
  6. Ghost icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost icons on desktop: Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in the video, i need to refresh my desktop to take them out. I tried to change my SSD but it didn't worked. I'm so lost, if you guys can...
  7. Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard "ghosting" after driver update: Hello all, again. Two day ago I was notified by my computer to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers. I did so and upon restart the numpad "4" is behaving as though it's being continually pushed by an invisible hand. With Num Lock on it types "4" nonstop anywhere typing is...
  8. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...
  9. Ghost frame on desktop. help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost frame on desktop. help!: [img] Hello, on my windows 10 I got this weird ghost frame on my desktop. if I click Win + D. it disappears. but if I open any pregame. it comes back. anyone knows what that is? 16904
  10. Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop: So, these appeared on my desktop randomly - they cannot be renamed, they appear to have no name - I can delete them via context menu, but they come back. Unlocker/Lock Hunter - they do not see them, neither does Explorer, WinRAR nor CMD. The context menu on them is strange...