Windows 10: The Great Disappearing Notepad App

Discus and support The Great Disappearing Notepad App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My cousin said this was the place to come for help with W10, so I'm here. For some unknown reason my Notepad app (Pictured Below) vanished somehow. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peppercrunch, Jul 15, 2020.

1. The Great Disappearing Notepad App

My cousin said this was the place to come for help with W10, so I'm here.

For some unknown reason my Notepad app (Pictured Below) vanished somehow. I tried looking everywhere to find it again. I checked default apps and everything. Normally, I simply type Notepad in the Start Menu search box and I see it and then pin it to my taskbar. Now when I type I don't see it at all. I just don't get it. I had to use my brother's laptop to type in Notepad just to get the screenshot of the one I'm now mysteriously missing. Please help.

Thank you.

This is my computer info:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200628102850.000000-180
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
    Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 MB
    Hard Drives: C: 476 GB (379 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc. 00V62H, ver A00, s/n /HQWZM22/CN7220047I01JO/
    System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n HQWZM22
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

The Great Disappearing Notepad App [​IMG]

:)

Peppercrunch, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

3. How do I download a copy of Notepad?

"Windows 10" doesn't seem to respond to your suggestion. More?

ShirleyJChambers, Jul 15, 2020
  4. john barr Win User

The Great Disappearing Notepad App

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

The Great Disappearing Notepad App

1. The Great Disappearing Notepad App - Similar Threads - Great Disappearing Notepad

2. Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way": Hey so Recently i got a new fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro Edition, My PC can't support windows 11 the thing is i did all my updates Both Microsoft Store and Settings all is marked as up to date but when i open the start tab i have many apps that's have the download symbol...
  3. Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way": Hey so Recently i got a new fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro Edition, My PC can't support windows 11 the thing is i did all my updates Both Microsoft Store and Settings all is marked as up to date but when i open the start tab i have many apps that's have the download symbol...
  4. Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Notepad disappeared

Notepad disappeared: So after updating to the latest May 2004 update the notepad software has vanished from my pc. I have searched it in the apps & feature section but nothing found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-disappeared/f1ce90b8-e627-4164-8e40-36f4ac46424a
  6. files disappeared from notepad

files disappeared from notepad: I used Notepad to write an essay, saved it onto my desktop, also copied the text onto a Onedrive document, also saved. Came back to complete my essay and both have disappeared from desktop and recent files. I noticed when I switched my laptop on it asked me to create a...
  7. "A great app is on it's way!"

"A great app is on it's way!": i noticed on my start menu a tile that just says "A Great App is on its way!", how do i know what app is downloading? its been stuck like that for a few hours now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-great-app-is-on-its-way/8ce195ed-146f-4918-94c5-b368bd7360ac
  8. "A great app is on it's way!"

"A great app is on it's way!": I just got a new laptop and on the start menu it says for about half of the apps "a great app is on it's way!" how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-great-app-is-on-its-way/72d1f04e-28ed-46a2-b9ab-87916f394d6f
  9. A Great App Is On Its Way Issue

A Great App Is On Its Way Issue: I just purchased my HP Spectre x360 and when booting up Windows 10 for the first time out of the box, I noticed some tiles labeled "A Great App Is On Its Way!" This included apps such as Candy Crush, a paid version of Minecraft, and MSN Weather.[ATTACH]I then proceeded to...
  10. A Great App is on it's way?

A Great App is on it's way?: [img] As you can see in the image, I have 5 tiles of it. Any one know what they are? They send me to the store when I click on them. 17577