Windows 10: The grey line on the screen

Discus and support The grey line on the screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a grey line on my screen like the raw of small grey dots: It started around a month or two ago: [IMG] It appears after starting up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Timur Zhuk, Mar 15, 2021.

1. The grey line on the screen

I have a grey line on my screen like the raw of small grey dots:

It started around a month or two ago:

The grey line on the screen [​IMG]

It appears after starting up, restarting, launching some apps Steam, Opera and when my laptop does nothing around 20 minutes and than I start using it again.
    This line always disappears after 10-15 seconds.

My laptop: ASUS VivoBook 17 X705UF-GC010

Video Cards: NvidiaGeForce MX130, Intel UHD Graphics 620

I've already tried: reinstall Drives, disable display adaptors and enable them again and

even disable all services except of Microsoft Ones.

:)

Timur Zhuk, Mar 15, 2021

2. Screen showing grey lines

Screen on my laptop suddenly showing grey lines across the screen for a few seconds in Firefox browser and sometimes in mail. This is something new and suggestions? I run Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron.

Thanks

Daisy Mae09, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Screen showing grey lines

Thank you for answering. The lines are fine grey lines - some vertical and mostly horizontal covering the entire screen. They last for several seconds but have been lasting longer each time they appear.

It is on a laptop, I have gone to device manager and found the monitor listed and updated, but it said I had the most current version of the driver. What else should I do, that has not helped?

Thanks for any help.

Daisy Mae09, Mar 15, 2021
  4. The grey line on the screen

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

The grey line on the screen

1. The grey line on the screen - Similar Threads - grey line screen

2. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  3. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  4. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  5. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  6. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. after sleep mode grey screen lines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after sleep mode grey screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  8. after sleep mode grey screen lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after sleep mode grey screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  9. Small grey line on home screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small grey line on home screen: Hello everyone, so I have this small vertical line 1px and it can exapand to full screen size but its just black with no closing option. It also has a top white bar, but its thin? I have made a reddit post which will be linked incase anyone wants to see. The LINE....
  10. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where there are multiple grey lines appearing on my monitor. I tried to fix this by updating all of my graphics drivers, restarting my computer, and even changing the Display Port cable, to no avail. The lines are less noticeable in browser windows....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 grey lines on screen