Windows 10: The hard drive Capacity is Wrong.

Discus and support The hard drive Capacity is Wrong. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I upgraded from a 120GB SSD to a 250GB SSD. When I installed the system image it said I only have about 5GB left as if it was the 120GB hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nwl5, Mar 25, 2021.

1. /u/nwl5 Win User

The hard drive Capacity is Wrong.

I upgraded from a 120GB SSD to a 250GB SSD. When I installed the system image it said I only have about 5GB left as if it was the 120GB hard drive.

How do I partition this to show the right storage amount?

submitted by /u/nwl5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nwl5, Mar 25, 2021

2. Capacity of hard drives

I've been thinking of upgrading the secondary storage of my pc. Currently my pc (hp-r203tx) have following specifications...

• 4gb samsung DDR3L ram plugged into second slot
    • Intel i5-5200 processor
    • Nvidia 820m graphics processor with 2GB DDR3 graphics memory
    • An HDD of 1tb capacity
    • And a dvd drive

Current RAM limit as shown by CPUz is 16gb.

My question is, can I replace my current HDD with a new one maybe with more storage capacity like 2TB or 4TB?

Also, is there a way to exceed the supported memory limit for both hard drive and ram?

And would it be a good choice to go with RAMs of any other brand?

Abhijeetk829, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Upgrading hard drive to a higher capacity

Hi,

How would i upgrade to a higher capacity hard drive. Can you tell me the steps without losing the activation status.

Thanks,

Romerico

RomericoElma, Mar 25, 2021
  4. The hard drive Capacity is Wrong.

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

The hard drive Capacity is Wrong.

1. The hard drive Capacity is Wrong. - Similar Threads - hard drive Capacity

2. Hard Drive Not Showing Full Capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Not Showing Full Capacity: I recently redownloaded windows 11 from a USB onto my PC, but my storage is only showing 13 GBs. I have a 1 TB Hard Drive but it shows the maximum storage as only 13 GBs. All my drivers are updated and there doesn't seem to be any partitions that are hidden. Can anyone help?...
  3. Hard Drive Not Showing Full Capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Not Showing Full Capacity: I recently redownloaded windows 11 from a USB onto my PC, but my storage is only showing 13 GBs. I have a 1 TB Hard Drive but it shows the maximum storage as only 13 GBs. All my drivers are updated and there doesn't seem to be any partitions that are hidden. Can anyone help?...
  4. Hard Drive Not Showing Full Capacity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk capacity shows wrong size: Hi,I've a problem with updating Windows 10 Pro, since it claims that my HDD is full, but actually it is not.Basically different built-in HDD tools show different information please see below.The storage manager itself shows contradicting information, it is file sizes seem to...
  6. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk capacity shows wrong size: Hi,I've a problem with updating Windows 10 Pro, since it claims that my HDD is full, but actually it is not.Basically different built-in HDD tools show different information please see below.The storage manager itself shows contradicting information, it is file sizes seem to...
  7. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New Boot Drive Showing Wrong Capacity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Boot Drive Showing Wrong Capacity: I just picked up a new SSD for my system, and after copying everything over from my old hard drive, it now shows the same capacity and name as the old one as well. I know the name can be changed easily, however I’ve restarted the system multiple times and the new drive still...
  9. External drive reporting wrong capacity

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External drive reporting wrong capacity: Hi All, We use a 1tb Western Digital USB3 external drive for a system backup on a desktop PC under windows 10. After formatting it's showing 931gb capacity. The Windows Image Backup file is approx 560gb. Problem is the drive is now saying there is only 79gb space...
  10. External Hard Drive Capacity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Capacity?: Given my new PC has 2TB then should I have a 2TB external hard drive for backup? I'm considering nothing other than equipped capacities. Truthfully, I currently have no idea how much of that 2TB will be used. I just want to be on the safe side. Thanks 69318