Windows 10: the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue

Discus and support the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; sometimes after i restarted my toshiba satellite, it is appearing during booting before the toshiba logo. I choose yes and they attemp me to choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RendellSibal1, Sep 16, 2019.

1. the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue

sometimes after i restarted my toshiba satellite, it is appearing during booting before the toshiba logo. I choose yes and they attemp me to choose keyboard, after i choose, they are choises ssuch as( troubleshoot, continue to windowns 10, etc...) i choose windows 10 then it run continoustly. What its happen my hard drive is near broken? My toshiba is almost 5 yrs old also.

:)

RendellSibal1, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Sep 16, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 16, 2019
  4. the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue

Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue

1. the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue - Similar Threads - hard drive recovery

2. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?: I have a two terabyte external hard drive that holds all my files. I installed a bootable drive software and without warning it wiped the drive. The drive was partitioned into a 32 gb "ESD-USB" and the rest was unallocated. I could not see the unallocated space so I...
  3. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?: I have a two terabyte external hard drive that holds all my files. I installed a bootable drive software and without warning it wiped the drive. The drive was partitioned into a 32 gb "ESD-USB" and the rest was unallocated. I could not see the unallocated space so I...
  4. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  6. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  7. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

8. Initializing a hard drive taht has been formatted

Initializing a hard drive taht has been formatted: I have a 3.5" hard drive that I have formatted using a Sata-USB adapter with power. It took about an hour and a half. When formatting was completed the PC showed this message. When I want to use this hard drive in another PC for extra storage how do I initialize it...
  9. Hard Drive Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Recovery: I just bought a replacement Surface after sending in my broken one, I was wondering if it would be possible to get my hard drive with all my data on it back from microsoft or not? I looked through the service and repairs FAQ, and it said they wipe hard drives prior to...
  10. Hard drive recovery

Hard drive recovery: I have a Toshiba C55 laptop that originally had windows 10. It crashed so I bought a USB stick to fix it. Don't know if I chose the wrong option because I don't remember have a choice between 10 or 8.1 but I ended up with 8.1. This happened a couple of years ago so I used it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Toshiba hard drive recovery process has been selected

2. Me sale el mensaje the hard drive recovery process has been selected en mi laptop

3. hard drive recovery process has been selected...make sure...problem

4. The Hard Drive Recoverry Process hasbeen selected