Windows 10: The Hardlock service failed to start (and more)

Discus and support The Hardlock service failed to start (and more) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (edited the zip folder in) Hey, so I tried searching everywhere for the answer to this issue, I posted on the answer.microsoft.com forum and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonakos, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Tonakos Win User

The Hardlock service failed to start (and more)

(edited the zip folder in) Hey, so I tried searching everywhere for the answer to this issue, I posted on the answer.microsoft.com forum and this indian guy said I had to do a clean boot, did that, and it didn't work, and they haven't responded again. But then yesterday I didn't get the error all day, then I turned off my computer, and it did it again earlier

So I'm not good with computers. Like at all. And my first problem was the "error 10016" and I looked it up for hours and did the component/registry editer thing to assign permission, and for me that was like I became a god lmao. Then I had a wifi issue, looked that up too. I have 2 identical wifis for some reason. suddenlink and then suddenlink-5g. and the 5g one hasn't been able to connect and says socket registries are missing, but that didn't bug me. My problem that I've come for help is randomly my computer (asus t100) will crash, not blue screen, just the screen goes grey and then crumbles to black. I turn it back on, half the time it freezes while on the asus logo and I have to force restart, then if It does load, the event log says
    The Hardlock service failed to start (and more) [​IMG]

So I looked at the sticky and downloaded that scan thing, so I'll attach that here.

And all of this happened conveniently after I downloaded this risque file that I foolishly ran without antivirus. It was to get a product code for a game since I lost my product code a while ago. Dumb how they make you do that. But anyway, can someone please help with this? I'll love you forever

:)

Tonakos, Apr 24, 2016

2. The Hardlock service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

Likhitha,

I downloaded a file my friend sent me that was supposed to be a product code for a game since I lost mine, and I foolishly ran it without antivirus. It gave me the code but I noticed it left behind something called "file2" on my desktop, so I ran both Windows
    Defender and Malwarebytes on it, and found it to be malware (trojan I think) in the file, but is it possible the malware could have corrupted my registry before it was deleted? Because ever since that file I've had 3 issues: the hardlock crashes, the error
    10016, and my wifi having the "windows socket registries/one or more network protocols are missing" error?). But the hardlock error is the one I'm most concerned with

I did as it said and performed the clean boot, now the only programs I have running are google chrome and windows event viewer. So far no crashes, but like I said before I don't know what triggers it to crash. And if it never crashes does that mean I fixed
    it? Is there a program or something I can use to see if hardlock.sys is working properly now?

Thanks for the help so far

Tona Malanos, Apr 24, 2016
  3. The Hardlock service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

One service named Hardlock is produced by Sentinel which uses a USB key as a hardware device to lock programs from unlicensed access.

Alan B_964, Apr 24, 2016
  4. Tonakos Win User

Oh wait, it says there's no files in that zip folder wtf. I'll run the thing again
    (got it)

dang and right as I edited this I just got like 20 10016 errors. ughhhhhhhhh

Tonakos, Apr 24, 2016
  5. Tonakos Win User
    anyone have any ideas?

Tonakos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The Hardlock service failed to start (and more) - Similar Threads - Hardlock service failed

2. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: My computer has been restarting with no BSOD or warning whenever I try to play some more intense games, recently HellDivers 2.I noticed in the event log a couple of errors in the Event Viewer right before the most recent shutdown and addressed those but this one I am...
  3. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: My computer has been restarting with no BSOD or warning whenever I try to play some more intense games, recently HellDivers 2.I noticed in the event log a couple of errors in the Event Viewer right before the most recent shutdown and addressed those but this one I am...
  4. WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hello, recently I've noticed my computer has been using more cpu at idle than normal around 50%, and every time I've checked Task Manager to see whats causing it my usage drops back to a more normal 2-3%. I checked event viewer and there is an error that consistently appears:...
  5. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: i keep getting PC to crash on the new windows 10 installationi also am getting the error from event viewer:"The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: WinRing0_1_2_0 is not a valid Win32 application."i ran FRST64 and got the FIRST.exe and the...
  6. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: i keep getting PC to crash on the new windows 10 installationi also am getting the error from event viewer:"The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: WinRing0_1_2_0 is not a valid Win32 application."i ran FRST64 and got the FIRST.exe and the...
  7. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hello, recently my computer crashing a lots, eventhough I don't open too much apps. And the apps keep freezing and I have to end task it. I looked up the Event viewer and find out that this error is pop up around that timeThe WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the...
  9. winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start

winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hello, recently my computer crashing a lots, eventhough I don't open too much apps. And the apps keep freezing and I have to end task it. I looked up the Event viewer and find out that this error is pop up around that timeThe WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the...
  10. winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start

winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hi! I have recently got a problem where Windows will freeze. Kinf of like how it does right before a BSOD where the audio repeats endlessly and the only way to stop it is restarting my pc. I looked up Even Viewer to see what may cause the problem and the only error I see that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardlock service

2. error when starting the hardlock service

3. depemdancy hardlock

4. the hardlock service failed,
  5. kazula error when starting the hardlock service,
  6. the hardlock service failed to start due to the following error:the system cannot find the file specified,
  7. hardlock service failed to start the system cannot find the file,
  8. start hardlock service,
  9. error starting the hardlock service,
  10. service hardlock id 7000,
  11. The hardlock service failed to start due to the following error: ,
  12. hardlock service failed to start win 10