Windows 10: The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no...

Discus and support The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After an automatic upgrade of my Windows 10 I've had to face a lot of issues: black screen, no wifi signal, never-ending start up process... So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alatriste061, Sep 28, 2018.

1. The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no...

After an automatic upgrade of my Windows 10 I've had to face a lot of issues: black screen, no wifi signal, never-ending start up process... So I finally decided to perform a clean start-up, assuming the loss of all my personal files and programs.

When I finally got my desktop screen in a quite normal lapse of time, and thought everything was going to be ok as of that moment, I found that my HDMI is not working at all.

The TV set says there is "NO signal" and when I go to the Manager of Devices I realize that there is no entry for "Monitor Adapters" (the first entry is "Network Adapters")

Can you please help me?

PS: I apologize for my English (I hope can be understood)

:)

Alatriste061, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Sep 28, 2018
  4. The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no...

Welcome to the Thunder dome!!!!!

Switching between HDMI or regular audio will be very simple once you have made the connections.

In Vista -> Right click the speaking icon in the task bar --> playback devices --> select HDMI and set as default.

In "Playback Devices" you will see 2 HDMI outputs in the list. I suggest you disable the second HDMI audio in the device manager. In device manager the second device will be below the main HDMI output in the list of sound devices. you can disable it there to save confusion.

TRIPTEX_CAN, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no...

1. The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no... - Similar Threads - HDMI connection doesn't

2. why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?: why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?my laptop model is :HP pavilion Laptop 15-dk2xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-hdmi-port-is-not-working-and-it-doesnt-show/663f3c41-bc99-4177-8aba-0698bdaa5658
  3. why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?: why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?my laptop model is :HP pavilion Laptop 15-dk2xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-hdmi-port-is-not-working-and-it-doesnt-show/663f3c41-bc99-4177-8aba-0698bdaa5658
  4. HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI connection not working: Hello. I recently got a laptop and I have been having issues using a HDMI cord to project my monitor. My laptops runs widows 10 and doesn't have HDMI portbut has a display port. So I bought a type c HDMI connector but that isn't working as well. I tried to update the display...
  5. Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!: Hey, alt+tab stopped working. I can alt+tab outside of a game, but I can't alt+tab back. Also when I click on panel it doesn't alt+tab back, game is responding tho - I mean in task manager. Same happens even for some 2d programs. I can't bring it up by alt+tab, or clicking on...
  6. Keyboard suddenly stoped working and doesn't show on device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard suddenly stoped working and doesn't show on device manager.: I have a hp z-book 15 the keyboard suddenly stopped working but the keyboard light can still turned on an off from the keyboard. Every other thing doesn't work. I tried updating the drive but doesn't show on device manager. I also tried trobule shooting the keyboard but...
  7. Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.

Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.: I have an HP model 15-bs289wm. I tried accessing the integrated webcam for work and when I use the Microsoft camera app I get a message that says "We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it is connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus...
  8. No hdmi audio device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No hdmi audio device in device manager: Audio plays through laptop speakers even when hdmi is plugged in. Looked to change the playback device but it wasn't there. (I have checked hidden devices) Looked in device manager under sound, video and game controllers (show hidden) and again there's no hdmi audio device....
  9. Connected Devices doesn't work

Connected Devices doesn't work: My laptop and desktop are on the same wifi network. Both are at Windows 10. Laptop is v. 1803. Desktop is v. 1809. I've downloaded Connected Devices to both. The laptop sees the desktop, but not vice versa. The "help" screen (excuse me while I laugh sardonically for a few...
  10. Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to HDMI: My laptop won't connect to HDMI? My laptop yesterday was just fine. Was playing games on my telly. Turned off for the night, turned on today, and it won't work? It's like it's not even recognising it's being plugged in. I've got a Lenovo Y50-70. I've restarted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suddenly my hdmi port doenst show anything on my tv

2. windowa 10 hdmi drive all of a sudden quit working

3. screen suddenly wants hdmi cable but it doesnt work

4. hdmi suddenly doesnt work,
  5. hdmi connection in windows 10 doesnt work,
  6. why doesnt my hdmi cable work from computer to screen all of a sudden,
  7. pc all of the sudden stopped connecting to hdmi,
  8. hdmi cable all of a sudden video wont play,
  9. monitor wont work all of a sudden,
  10. Why video card doesnt work after trying HDMI port.,
  11. hdmi control manager windows 10,