Windows 10: The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound?

Discus and support The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor using displayports, and a HDMI soundbar plugged in the gfx 1080. The soundbar is recognized as a third display and sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ivoteforvoat, Nov 5, 2019.

1. The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound?

I have a dual monitor using displayports, and a HDMI soundbar plugged in the gfx 1080.

The soundbar is recognized as a third display and sometimes some window would pop onto the 3rd display and I have no way of accessing it.

I tried disconnect the 3rd display but it also disable the sound.

It's not a big deal, it's just really really annoying. Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks a lot.

submitted by /u/ivoteforvoat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ivoteforvoat, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Nov 5, 2019
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Jaffakeik Win User

The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound?

SOundbar dont give sound with HDMI(SOLVED)

I recently bought soundbar yamaha ysp 2500 as it supports 2.0 hdmi connection I bought cable 2.0a So i guess its still 2.0 and should be fine. I connected it with port ARC on soundbar with port ARC on TV(panasonic dx700b) But there is no sound I tried all possible variations with all HDMI ports on soundbar and on TV, but no sound. IT works perfectly with Optical, but I want it with HDMI as well to get all features. So what am I doing wrong?
    And btw I tried with other HDMI cables like 1.4 version still nothing.
    HDMI-CEC witch is called Viera-link on my TV is enabled as I read forums. SO what exactly ports do I need to connect on Sbar and on TV.
    Or the problem is somewhere else?

Jaffakeik, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound?

1. The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound? - Similar Threads - HDMI soundbar recognized

2. Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles: Hi guys, Not expecting much feedback on this but worth a try. I was using a bluetooth speaker previously for sound from my PC. Had a few issues & wanted to upgrade but hate all those little wires everywhere. Anyway, the cheapest & most compact upgrade seemed to be a small...
  3. Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles: Hi guys, Not expecting much feedback on this but worth a try. I was using a bluetooth speaker previously for sound from my PC. Had a few issues & wanted to upgrade but hate all those little wires everywhere. Anyway, the cheapest & most compact upgrade seemed to be a small...
  4. Soundbar HDMI Windows / nVidia shambles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  6. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  7. HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor

HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor: Hello, i'm using two monitors and a sound system that is recognizing as a 3th monitor It's anoying when i open a new window and it goes to the 3th monitor and i cant see it because it is not a monitor. I wan't to keep using the soung system but "blocking" it to not actualy...
  8. 5.1 HDMI Soundbar is being recognized as a Stereo soundbar after turning the soundbar off...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5.1 HDMI Soundbar is being recognized as a Stereo soundbar after turning the soundbar off...: So, I accidentally turning the soundbar off using my phone instead of muting it when I'm falling asleep. After turning it back on, it's only recognized as a Stereo one. Visio 5.1.2 dobly atmos soundbar, connected to a gtx 1080 via HDMI, while 2 acer monitor is connected via...
  9. hdmi display not recognized

hdmi display not recognized: I just plugged in a hdmi monitor to my laptop. Display will not detect it. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-display-not-recognized/3b83c5ce-1310-4afe-bad6-d2b30d09a06d
  10. if i buy a soundbar for my old dell monitor can i get sound from hdmi?

if i buy a soundbar for my old dell monitor can i get sound from hdmi?: As the title says,I have a semi old dell monitor and it has a option for a sound bar speaker. i use this monitor mainly to play console games more then a actual monitor at the moment. I connect to the hdmi slot on the back on the monitor. I was wondering if i buy a sound bar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shows sound bar as monitor

2. sound bar appearing as monitor

3. hmdi for soundbar creates additional screen windows 10