Windows 10: The headphone does not work when plugged in again

Discus and support The headphone does not work when plugged in again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphone is working properly when the laptop is turned on. But when I re-plug my earphones. Then I can only hear sound from the laptop and now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhúcNguyễn8, Feb 15, 2021.

1. The headphone does not work when plugged in again

My headphone is working properly when the laptop is turned on. But when I re-plug my earphones. Then I can only hear sound from the laptop and now my headphone can no longer hear anything.

I never got this error until I reinstalled windows with iso file.

:)

PhúcNguyễn8, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Zack_L-P Win User

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Feb 15, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

The headphone does not work when plugged in again

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

The headphone does not work when plugged in again

1. The headphone does not work when plugged in again - Similar Threads - headphone does plugged

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  5. Headphones not working when plugged in

Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  6. Headphones not working when plugged in

7. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones doesn't work when plugged in: Headphones doesn't work when plugged in. Need to insert the headphones when the laptop is off and then need start it. This detects the headphones. It is not possible to reboot the system whenever there is a need of a headphone....
  8. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

Headphones doesn't work when plugged in: Headphones doesn't work when plugged in. Need to insert the headphones when the laptop is off and then need start it. This detects the headphones. It is not possible to reboot the system whenever there is a need of a headphone....
  9. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....