Windows 10: The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off

Discus and support The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The touch screen has become very problematic. This laptop has a magnetic power adapter that can very easily look connected but not actually be charging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dudemanbrohomie, Jan 13, 2022.

1. The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off

The touch screen has become very problematic. This laptop has a magnetic power adapter that can very easily look connected but not actually be charging therefor I must pick up that side of the laptop to make sure that it is connected properly. The nature place to grab the computer and lift it in this scenario is the top left corner of the screen. In doing this I often close important windows because that is where the little X is. I need to turn off the touch screen but it seems impossible on this device I believe it's a surface but there is no name on it. in the device manager the HID-complain

:)

dudemanbrohomie, Jan 13, 2022

2. driver for hid touchscreen compliant

Unfortunately , for the last several months all the suggestions listed I have tried. The realization is that the hid compliant touchscreen is not there anymore under the human interface devices or any where else. Which means there should be a driver
    for firmware that actually downloads to someone's computer to get the touchscreen back. which is what is needed you. I followed the directions and the hid compliant touchscreen disappeared. My question is if there is software, firmware, driver or what
    ever that can be directly sent to download to my computer to get hid compliant touchscreen back to the device manager.

LorraineLang, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Jeffrey57 Win User
    HID Touchscreen Driver

It was listed under HID until I did a reboot for Microsoft updates. Touchscreen works but not listed. No HID driver listed for my Dell Latitude.

Jeffrey57, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Jeffrey57 Win User

The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off

HID Touchscreen Driver

Dell Latitude E5570

Windows 10 1809

I upgraded Windows 10 1803 to 1809. Two items that are missing:

1) My touchscreen works but it is not listed in Device Manager under HID. It was listed as a compliant touchscreen. Rebooted computer and it is missing (Touchscreen still works). How do I get it listed again under HID?

2) Under Update & Security>Troubleshooting, there is NO Hardware and Device category. How do I get it listed again or did Microsoft eliminate this?

Jeff

Jeffrey57, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off

1. The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off - Similar Threads - HID complaint touchscreen

2. trying to fix touchscreen. but HID complaint touchscreen driver is from 2006???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to fix touchscreen. but HID complaint touchscreen driver is from 2006???: i dont know if this is the most current update for the driver, but the touchscreen on my laptop does not work. i did find it in the garbage so it is possible that it just needs to be replaced, but i wanted to exhaust all options before replacing it. is there another update...
  3. trying to fix touchscreen. but HID complaint touchscreen driver is from 2006???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to fix touchscreen. but HID complaint touchscreen driver is from 2006???: i dont know if this is the most current update for the driver, but the touchscreen on my laptop does not work. i did find it in the garbage so it is possible that it just needs to be replaced, but i wanted to exhaust all options before replacing it. is there another update...
  4. trying to fix touchscreen. but HID complaint touchscreen driver is from 2006???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. W10 - PC AllInOne - Turn Off Display and TouchScreen HID disappears

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 - PC AllInOne - Turn Off Display and TouchScreen HID disappears: Hi! I've a trouble with power settings with W10 Pro 1903When the PC All In One with Touch Screen turn off the display, the HID - Touch screen compatible HID disappears from device manager and i can't turn on the display with touch, just with keyboard, mouse or power buttonI...
  6. W10 - PC AllInOne - Turn Off Display and TouchScreen HID disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 - PC AllInOne - Turn Off Display and TouchScreen HID disappears: Hi! I've a trouble with power settings with W10 Pro 1903When the PC All In One with Touch Screen turn off the display, the HID - Touch screen compatible HID disappears from device manager and i can't turn on the display with touch, just with keyboard, mouse or power buttonI...
  7. W10 - PC AllInOne - Turn Off Display and TouchScreen HID disappears

8. The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off

The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off: The touch screen has become very problematic. This laptop has a magnetic power adapter that can very easily look connected but not actually be charging therefor I must pick up that side of the laptop to make sure that it is connected properly. The nature place to grab the...
  9. The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off

The HID-complaint touchscreen is not showing and so I cannot turn it off: The touch screen has become very problematic. This laptop has a magnetic power adapter that can very easily look connected but not actually be charging therefor I must pick up that side of the laptop to make sure that it is connected properly. The nature place to grab the...
  10. HID Compliant Touchscreen not showing up

HID Compliant Touchscreen not showing up: Hi, so probably a month ago I noticed that the touchscreen on my Lenovo laptop (with windows 10) didn't work. I immediately went into my device manager and into Human Interface Devices. I noticed that everything was there except my HID Compliant Touchscreen. I'm not sure what...