Windows 10: The home key presses automatically

Discus and support The home key presses automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare. submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RhythmJuneja, May 11, 2020.

1. The home key presses automatically

Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare.

submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RhythmJuneja, May 11, 2020
  2. ctrain Win User

Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Are you only using the hook to catch the key to use for sending input?

I can think of a couple ways to grab input without the hook. Maybe you can run through the virtual key list with GetAsyncKeyState() and flag what's pressed. From there you can just build your list of keys to mash and fire them off with SendInput(). Some food for thought, probably get you out of AV flag territory.

ctrain, May 11, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink The home key presses automatically ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, May 11, 2020
  4. manofthem Win User

The home key presses automatically

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, May 11, 2020
Thema:

The home key presses automatically

1. The home key presses automatically - Similar Threads - home key presses

2. tab and arrow key automatically pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab and arrow key automatically pressing: my tab and right arrow keys are pressed sutomatically , i have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I tried all the methods in this similar thread other than the keyboard driver uninstall since i have not attached any external keyboards...
  3. tab and arrow key automatically pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tab and arrow key automatically pressing: my tab and right arrow keys are pressed sutomatically , i have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I tried all the methods in this similar thread other than the keyboard driver uninstall since i have not attached any external keyboards...
  4. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  5. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  6. laptop keys are pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keys are pressed automatically: hi, i am using windows 10 version 2004 on hp laptop. recently i noticed that my ''END'' button is working itself. i tried uninstalling driver and restart but the problem didn't go away. plz someone help me fix this. thanks in advance...
  7. Computer automatically pressing keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer automatically pressing keys: To start off, I'm 100% sure that nothing was pressing on my keyboard's keys, since when I saw it happening I checked my keyboard. Essentially, the windows key was pressed and 'w' 's' and 'a' were typed a bunch into the search box. I've seen this happen before, and now it's...
  8. The home key presses repeatedly (not physically)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The home key presses repeatedly (not physically): The home key presses repeatedly (not physically) I brought my Inspiron 3542 in 2017 and now the home button (the one beside end key) presses automatically and repeatedly making even writing a text impossible. Please Help! submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja [link] [comments]...
  9. Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Home key getting pressed randomly and mouse getting scrolled automatically: i have been having an issue where my home key has been being pressed randomly and my mouse has been infinitely scrolling up. These issue both started at the same time about 6 months ago. Ive updated drivers and firmware on both of these, as well as opened them up and cleaned...
  10. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys: I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I decided to forcefully uninstall it via PowerShell but now itsi asking "You'll need an app to open calculator" so in short it...