Windows 10: The horror that is Article 13... Will we let this happen?!

Discus and support The horror that is Article 13... Will we let this happen?! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Let's have a discussion... The horror that is called Article 13. If it is up to the EU, we will soon be allowed to upload anything that contains a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, Mar 22, 2019.

1. The horror that is Article 13... Will we let this happen?!

Let's have a discussion...

The horror that is called Article 13. If it is up to the EU, we will soon be allowed to upload anything that contains a tiny bit of copyright (such as a photo of yourself taken with a poster of Iron Maiden, for example, I will mention) thanks to a filter that from now on small particle copytright. Also valid for THIS forum, but also for every other site where you upload something. So also via DeviantArt, Facebook, YouTube. You name it. Hop on, filter over it and it will never be on the almighty internet, purely because the clowns in the EU Parlament have chosen to implement filters on every site that mow away every bit of copyright (such as video / film / sound). Every bit of freedom on the internet is thus lost. Next Tuesday they will vote for or against this terrible bill. How do you view this compared to the free internet? Because to say now it's such a nice thought .... no .. didn't think so.

Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market - Wikipedia

Article 13 / Article 17

Article 13 replaces the "mere conduit" exemption from copyright infringement from for-profit "online content sharing service providers" with a new, conditional exemption to liability. These conditions are a claimed implementation of "effective and proportionate measures" to "prevent the availability of specific [unlicensed] works identified by rightsholders", acting "expeditiously" to remove them, and demonstrating that "best efforts" have been made to prevent their future availability. The article also extends any licenses granted to content hosts to their users, as long as those users are not acting "on a commercial basis"

The article directs member states to consider the size of the provider, the amount of content uploaded, and the effectiveness of the measures imposed "in light of technological developments". It also mandates an appeals process, and requires content hosts to share "information on the use of content" with its owners, the lack of which has been a point of contention in the past.

Article 13's provisions target commercial web hosts which "store and give the public access to a large amount of works or other subject-matter uploaded by its users which [they] organise and promote for profit-making purposes". The proposal makes explicit that this does not include private cloud storage services, non-profit encyclopaedias (such as Wikipedia), nor non-profit educational or scientific repositories.

Article 13b requires websites which "automatically reproduce or refer to significant amounts of copyright-protected visual works" to "conclude fair and balanced licensing agreements with any requesting rightholders".

Article 13 was renamed article 17 in 2019.

:)

RingTailCoon, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 update June 13, 2017

Hi Stephen,

Listed below are some reasons why slow performance of the computer happen:

• A lot of installed applications.
    • Not enough memory.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Missing and corrupted system files.

We suggest following the steps on this article that can help improve the performance of your computer.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

The horror that is Article 13... Will we let this happen?!

Microphone connection with Dragon 13 and Windows 10

Hi Michael,

One of the possible cause to this issue is compatibility conflict. Some user reports that the latest version of Dragon 13 doesn't require Compatibility mode in order to run correctly. We suggest turning off Compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Locate Dragon 13 shortcut and right click it.
    • Select Properties from the list.
    • Click on Compatibility tab and locate Run this program in compatibility mode for and uncheck it.
    • Click OK to save the changes and try running the application again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

The horror that is Article 13... Will we let this happen?!

1. The horror that is Article 13... Will we let this happen?! - Similar Threads - horror Article let

2. Why can't we comment on articles anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't we comment on articles anymore?: It seems the comment section on articles is broke, can't comment on any article like we use to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-comment-on-articles-anymore/2a933727-250d-4351-946e-b838daea3ca0
  3. Why can't we comment on articles anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't we comment on articles anymore?: It seems the comment section on articles is broke, can't comment on any article like we use to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-comment-on-articles-anymore/2a933727-250d-4351-946e-b838daea3ca0
  4. What happens if I run Windows XP Horror Edition on a real pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens if I run Windows XP Horror Edition on a real pc: What happens if I run Windows XP Horror Edition on a real pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-run-windows-xp-horror-edition-on/00e7496c-3797-4c8d-b997-e5b947b56628
  5. Windows updated over night horror

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated over night horror: Everything including Windows 10 is gone. Used USB boot to get to notepad. All drives show total available space 100%. The few folders I see are all empty. BIOS no long has Microsoft boot manager as a option. No windows access. availability. Cputer loads with boot error...
  6. How come this happens? When we try to join this happens and we can't hear each other

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How come this happens? When we try to join this happens and we can't hear each other: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ljnamalsk87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dovpq2/how_come_this_happens_when_we_try_to_join_this/
  7. Something happened, we couldn't install a feature.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something happened, we couldn't install a feature.: This sucks! How can I get rid of this? Happens because of disabled updates but I will not be enabling them. https://i.imgur.com/98eSYue.png If you are unsure how to fix this don't waste time pls...
  8. Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature.: I keep getting this message while trying to add Japanese input support. Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature. Please tap to get more information. Tapping it only takes me to the list of installed optional features. Some people reported this problem caused...
  9. Fragmentation Horror Story

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fragmentation Horror Story: Due to a perfect storm of errors I had to do a clean install of windows 10 yesterday, though I noticed after reinstalling everything my computer was acting rather sluggish. I ran auslogics DiskDefrag and found that my hard drive was 24% fragmented and it got me wondering....
  10. Horrors of the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Horrors of the Anniversary Update: I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop and I had problems with the update on all of them and went back to Windows 10 and would really like to go back to Windows 7. The first thing I noticed with the update on the laptops was the touchpad started acting different. Like just moving the...