Windows 10: The hover feature.....

Discus and support The hover feature..... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ok. I understand that in order to disable the hover feature, one needs to go to ease of access in the control panel, unclick the "activate window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JessConstible, Dec 4, 2018.

1. The hover feature.....

ok. I understand that in order to disable the hover feature, one needs to go to ease of access in the control panel, unclick the "activate window when hovering" box. Hit the apply button, then hit ok..... but considering that I did all those things, and It time still selects what I am over.. Just not with as much frequency as it did when the box is checked. So although there was a degree of improvement, the problem still exists.

Another interesting thing. I have not had the hovering feature until a couple of days ago, and I have used this laptop, which I bought brand new, for over six months... Why would it decide to do this hovering coppyknock?

Does anyone know? More importantly, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for your attention

:)

JessConstible, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to disable the Touchpad hover select feature, I suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Parth P Patel
    replied on 31st July 2015.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 4, 2018
  4. The hover feature.....

How to disable the mouse hover feature in windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the above issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel and select the top most search result.
    • Select Ease of Access Center from the window and click on the
      Change how your mouse works.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, uncheck
      Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse
      option.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

The hover feature.....

1. The hover feature..... - Similar Threads - hover feature

2. Why does OUTLOOK does not perform hover taskbar feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does OUTLOOK does not perform hover taskbar feature?: Hi there,While using the Outlook desktop app, the taskbar will no longer pop up when I take my mouse to the bottom of the screen, or when I have any window open fully. This is very frustrating as I have to close the window, every time I want to go from one application to...
  3. Why does OUTLOOK does not perform hover taskbar feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does OUTLOOK does not perform hover taskbar feature?: Hi there,While using the Outlook desktop app, the taskbar will no longer pop up when I take my mouse to the bottom of the screen, or when I have any window open fully. This is very frustrating as I have to close the window, every time I want to go from one application to...
  4. Is there a way to disable the mouse hover feature in Win 11? I have already unchecked the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable the mouse hover feature in Win 11? I have already unchecked the...: I have been unsuccessful in disabling the mouse hover function in Win 11 despite following the suggestions to access the control panel for the mouse and unchecking the "activate a window by hovering" feature. Hover will not go away. Help....
  5. Is there a way to disable the mouse hover feature in Win 11? I have already unchecked the...

Is there a way to disable the mouse hover feature in Win 11? I have already unchecked the...: I have been unsuccessful in disabling the mouse hover function in Win 11 despite following the suggestions to access the control panel for the mouse and unchecking the "activate a window by hovering" feature. Hover will not go away. Help....
  6. Mouse hover feature not available in control panel - windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover feature not available in control panel - windows 10: Hi, I disabled mouse hover a while back then tried adding again this week with no results. I ran all the Windows updates available and now the feature has disappeared from control panel/ turn on easy access key/make it easier to access windows.I tried adding a screen shot but...
  7. Mouse hover feature not available in control panel - windows 10

Mouse hover feature not available in control panel - windows 10: Hi, I disabled mouse hover a while back then tried adding again this week with no results. I ran all the Windows updates available and now the feature has disappeared from control panel/ turn on easy access key/make it easier to access windows.I tried adding a screen shot but...
  8. Microsoft's hover feature is horrible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft's hover feature is horrible: I know that Microsoft does not give a damn but I need to complain anyway. The hover feature i9s horrible. I lose email and windows open and close on their on. I lose emails on Microsoft Outlook that I don't want t4o lose. Windows 10 is ****.* original title: Hover *...
  9. Feature suggestion for File Explorer Quick Access: show file path on hover

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feature suggestion for File Explorer Quick Access: show file path on hover: I have a lot of folders pinned to my Quick Access to save me laboriously going through our deep file structure. Many of the folders have bland names, because in context going through the filepath they are fine and can be understood, but out of context in the QA area they are...
  10. The HOVER - Auto select feature is a seriously UGLY ****!!! What is the problem with fixing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The HOVER - Auto select feature is a seriously UGLY ****!!! What is the problem with fixing...: The auto select needs fixing in Win.10!!! How many people are suffering because of this engineering ignorance?? I have lost Time and money because the mouse automatically erases what is being done.?.?.? I would be reading something and bang-bang the screen starts violently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hover feature

2. disable hover feature windows 10 pen

3. hover feature not working

4. how to turn off hover feature,
  5. stop hovering on touch pad,
  6. what is a Hover feature ,
  7. Parth P Patel replied on 31st July 2015,
  8. pad hover,
  9. windows phone hover,
  10. dell disable hover feature