Windows 10: THE HUBRIS of MICROSOFT

Discus and support THE HUBRIS of MICROSOFT in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am looking for some help / thoughts on this problem which is just one insult too many. I am a office 365 home subscriber. My plan allows me to use... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SkipCowles, Dec 7, 2019.

  1. THE HUBRIS of MICROSOFT


    I am looking for some help / thoughts on this problem which is just one insult too many.


    I am a office 365 home subscriber. My plan allows me to use this subscription on 6 devices. I only use the plan on 2 devices which means that there 240 minutes of Skype that I cannot use. There are 4 terabytes of OneDrive that I cannot use even though I pay for them. To be honest, while this irritates me, I just took it in stride. It's one more example of that Microsoft could care less about the home user. Microsoft's policy denies me of 66% of the products that I pay for.


    I also pay for a Microsoft Assure subscription which has helped me.


    Now to the STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK


    Microsoft Launcher- I use it on my Galaxy Note 8 but I CANNOT use the full version. Why?


    I cannot sign in with my MICROSOFT account because I am not a student and do not have a business account.



    I have spoken with various supervisors about this issue. The polite response is that I must purchase an additional Office 365 subscription for business which only allows 1 user. I must keep the home subscription or my wife will lose her access to Office 365,


    I was told to take it or leave it!!!!


    I do believe that this is a ridiculous complaint . I really like Microsoft Launcher but because of Microsoft, I cannot enjoy it.


    I would really like to hear from the community and hopefully a solution


    Thank you

    :)
     
    SkipCowles, Dec 7, 2019
    #1

  2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region


    I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

    Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

    1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.
     
    hurricane51, Dec 7, 2019
    #2
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security


    After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

    For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

    1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

    2. Type internet options

    3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

    4. Click on the advanced tab

    5. Scroll down to the security section

    6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

    7. Click apply

    8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

    Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.
     
    curatia, Dec 7, 2019
    #3
  4. THE HUBRIS of MICROSOFT

    Microsoft signals end of Paint program

    Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

    In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

    Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

    Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

    BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death
     
    dorsetknob, Dec 7, 2019
    #4
Thema:

THE HUBRIS of MICROSOFT

Loading...
  1. THE HUBRIS of MICROSOFT - Similar Threads - HUBRIS MICROSOFT

  2. Microsoft Ends Snapdragon 850 Support in Windows 11 After Version 26H2

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Ends Snapdragon 850 Support in Windows 11 After Version 26H2: Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 version 26H2 is the last release of Windows 11 that will support PCs powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 850 processor. The company added the notice to the Windows 11 Home and Pro page on its lifecycle website, which now states that...
  3. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  4. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  5. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  6. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  7. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  8. Microsoft Account Passkey not working [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Account Passkey not working [Fix]: [ATTACH]Passkeys are the best and most convenient way to sign into a Microsoft account. By setting up Passkeys, you can make your account password-less. This makes your account more secure because hackers can’t steal a password. You should also set up more than one sign-in...
  9. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  10. THE HUBRIS OF MICROSOFT

    in Windows 10 Customization
    THE HUBRIS OF MICROSOFT: I am looking for some help / thoughts on this problem which is just one insult too many. I am a office 365 home subscriber. My plan allows me to use this subscription on 6 devices. I only use the plan on 2 devices which means that there 240 minutes of Skype that I cannot...