Windows 10: The hyperlinks in Mail do not work

Discus and support The hyperlinks in Mail do not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I receive an e-mail that contains a link, when I click on the link, there is an error message saying something like "We were not able to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BAL_2020, Apr 20, 2020.

1. BAL_2020 Win User

The hyperlinks in Mail do not work

When I receive an e-mail that contains a link, when I click on the link, there is an error message saying something like "We were not able to open the link with the details of the link". If I copy the link and paste it in a browser, the link opens.

I tried to reinitialize the app and I had the same problem. I tried to deinstall the app and using Microsoft Store, I installed the app, and I have the same problem. Any ideas why? Thanks.

:)

BAL_2020, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 mail hyperlinks

Hi,

Since the option above did not work, we suggest resetting the Mail application by following the steps below:

• Click Settings and choose System.
    • Click on Apps & features, scroll down at the right side and choose
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advance options then click Reset tab (A check mark will show up when reset is done.).
    • Open Mail app, sign-in on your account and check if you will be able to click on the hyperlinks.

NOTE: Resetting it might delete the data/appointments that you have on the Calendar. We suggest performing a back up before resetting it.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Hyperlinks in Windows 10 mail app not working

Hello Bruce,

As you are facing issues with accessing the hyperlinks in Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-in to Windows Store, search for the Mail app and check if there are any updates found for the app.

If so, try to install the update and check if it helps.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Hyperlinks don't work in windows 10 mail

Hi Robyn,

It is possible that this is a browser issue or registry problems. For us to properly isolate your issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you using the default mail app for Windows 10 or Outlook 2016?
    • Are you having issues inserting or accessing the hyperlink?
    • Did you encounter any error messages when working on the hyperlink?

In addition, if you're encountering the issue using the Outlook application, we have provided an article below for a resolution:

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. The hyperlinks in Mail do not work - Similar Threads - hyperlinks Mail

2. Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...: The hyperlinks do not have any merge fields, they simply link to later sections of the document. I've checked the links via F9 and they are identical. Why do the links break in the resulting merged documents? We are sending to hundreds of recipients, it's not a job we can...
  3. Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...: The hyperlinks do not have any merge fields, they simply link to later sections of the document. I've checked the links via F9 and they are identical. Why do the links break in the resulting merged documents? We are sending to hundreds of recipients, it's not a job we can...
  4. Created a Word doc with internal hyperlinks to sections within the document. Created a mail...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. In settings, how do I change to hyperlink a web site in e-mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In settings, how do I change to hyperlink a web site in e-mails: In settings, how do I change to hyperlink a web site in e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-settings-how-do-i-change-to-hyperlink-a-web/0a0a3659-4e79-41c5-98c4-46bb20940078
  6. In settings, how do I change to hyperlink a web site in e-mails

In settings, how do I change to hyperlink a web site in e-mails: In settings, how do I change to hyperlink a web site in e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-settings-how-do-i-change-to-hyperlink-a-web/0a0a3659-4e79-41c5-98c4-46bb20940078
  7. What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?: Hello everyone,I'm actually coding a little script that automates a weekly report to one of my client. The script opens my mail app and I just have to click send.I thought that using something like[...]body = "here's the <a...
  8. What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?

What is the code to create hyperlink in mail app ?: Hello everyone,I'm actually coding a little script that automates a weekly report to one of my client. The script opens my mail app and I just have to click send.I thought that using something like[...]body = "here's the <a...
  9. Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution: Having had no problems at all with opening hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails in Firefox my system will not now let me do it. Get a message that refers to my not having permissions and contacting the system administrator.Copying the links into Firefox works fine. but it is...
  10. Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution: Having had no problems at all with opening hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails in Firefox my system will not now let me do it. Get a message that refers to my not having permissions and contacting the system administrator.Copying the links into Firefox works fine. but it is...