Windows 10: The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar

Discus and support The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community, I have a problem and I complain that why the apps of software don't won't show on the taskbar. Is there any error, problem or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vjesse, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Vjesse Win User

The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar

Hi community,

I have a problem and I complain that why the apps of software don't won't show on the taskbar. Is there any error, problem or something? can you help to setting to make show the icon of the software?

the missing icon looks like this:

The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar 07704d2a-3500-40aa-b480-b31442d4aea4?upload=true.png

Thank you

:)

Vjesse, Jun 22, 2019
  2. noten Win User

Missing Taskbar Icons

I'm having the same problem with 'Metro' icons. They don't show in the taskbar and they don't show within other apps. Shortcuts just show the generic page icon. The only place app icons show is in the start menu and those are really tiles.

Here's an example of what I'm dealing with:

The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar [​IMG]

I have tried scf (sfc?) scan and dsim, no luck. Have also tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing.

One suggestion that offered some promise was to look at the icon files to see if they look alright but didn't suggest anything beyond that. I browsed to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images and found some icon files that seemed ok but then a bunch that appeared blank:

The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

noten, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 22, 2019
  4. The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar

Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar

1. The icon don't want to show/ disappear/ missing on taskbar - Similar Threads - icon don't show

2. Minecraft launcher icon and minecraft icon don't show in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft launcher icon and minecraft icon don't show in taskbar: Hello, i have a little problem here, i got a new PC with win11 and i reinstalled minecraft via microsoft store, and now when i wanna pin the launcher on the taskbar it's transparent invisible and the minecraft app where you play is also invisible when trying to see it on task...
  3. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  4. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.: When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a...
  8. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  9. Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in taskbar: Up until yesterday the little shield for Windows Security was always in the hidden icons box that I could open down in lower right corner. It still shows as running in task manager and I do use another anti-virus, but it concerns me that the shield icon is no longer showing....
  10. want to show battery icon to taskbar

want to show battery icon to taskbar: i want to show battery icon to taskbar it is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/inqyiry/ce48081c-ed91-460e-9973-952f19912a0b