Windows 10: The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen

Discus and support The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I tried to open a Windows virtual machine it crashed . I tried it for two times but after that the icons on the pre-installed Windows OS this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dhruv276R, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Dhruv276R Win User

The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen

After I tried to open a Windows virtual machine it crashed . I tried it for two times but after that the icons on the pre-installed Windows OS this is not the virtual machine which I added it is the OS which came pre-installed with the laptop got widescreen. Not only this is the issue , the size of everything became small like the taskbar , start menu , etc.

The screenshot of the following is given below:-

The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen 8d0c661e-c31e-4c25-8aad-30bf11869f34?upload=true.png

:)

Dhruv276R, Oct 10, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 10, 2020
  4. The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen

1. The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen - Similar Threads - icons desktop got

2. I changed my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I changed my desktop icons.: a few days ago I decided to change my icons to windows 98 icons, and I've liked them. but it's been a bit confusing and I want to change them back, but I don't know how...
  3. Problem with my desktop layout suddenly changing

Problem with my desktop layout suddenly changing: After I log into Windows 10 my desktop has been displaying my chosen layout of icons for many years without any problems. But yesterday things changed abruptly for no apparent reason. Now suddenly all my desktop icons have been moved around and now only occupy 9 columns...
  4. Screen resolution change – suddenly went widescreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution change – suddenly went widescreen: All of a sudden, Bang, my screen went to a widescreen format and I cannot change it. I followed all of the steps I could find in the November, 2017 thread. I found and updated my AMD driver to know affect. There've been a lot of updates under the bridge since then and I'm...
  5. Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...: I use a windows 10 laptop Also, what's the probable cause? submitted by /u/ParlorThe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyyzbn/desktop_icons_suddenly_got_much_bigger_and_messed/
  6. Got some tiny weird Icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Got some tiny weird Icon on my desktop: Hi, I got very tiny weird ICON on my desktop. When I tired to click on it nothing happened, but it vanished once i closed my excel sheet and few other documents. I tried to regenerate the issue, but of no luck. I just want to know what is that....
  7. Why are my desktop icons changing?

Why are my desktop icons changing?: Hello, My Windows 10 desktop icons are changing. Notice the arrow in each icon. How do I stop this from happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-desktop-icons-changing/735f6db6-0839-4a4d-a5f0-f30b35674490
  8. Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing: Last night when I finished browsing on Firefox and closed it down, I noticed that one of my desktop shortcuts was missing. I checked my Recycle Bin just in case I accidentally deleted it or dragged it there while clicking, but it was empty. I'm also 100% certain that I...
  9. icons on desktop got small

icons on desktop got small: After OneDrive was synced, some icons on my desktop got small but the rest of them stayed normal. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-desktop-got-small/5b34ec5f-969b-4d15-bc42-5377ec6f4037
  10. change the font on my desktop icons

change the font on my desktop icons: how to change the font on my desktop icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-font-on-my-desktop-icons/fbba04a9-9683-466b-9e22-8542981ca846