Windows 10: The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113

Discus and support The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've the same problem with last Windows 10 build when installed the lastet update The KB4491113 is intended for WIndows 7 and 8.1 Microsoft updates... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by red5goahead, Feb 26, 2019.

1. The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113

red5goahead, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Franzl Win User

Windows 10 Cortana backslash in path

Up until a couple of days ago, I used to be able to type paths into Cortana and press the enter key on the keyboard to open them. Now, as soon as I type a backslash the enter key no longer works, and I can't use the arrow keys to select other items from the list of suggestions -- it's still possible to use the mouse.

If I type C: everything works as expected. When it becomes C:\ the keyboard selection stops. The keyboard selection also stops when using a UNC path such as \\pc

I have no idea what I've done. Any suggestions? Currently running Windows 10 (10586.420)

Franzl, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Backslash button not working and typing backslash after the letters a and s continuously

The following are my recent observations from today:

1) My backslash button doesn’t work but after typing the letters "a" and "s", it types backslash sign continuously till backspace or any other key is pressed.

2) Also, I have noticed that if I press and hold the backslash key and then type the letters "a" and "s" then it types "a" and "s" only and not backslash signs continuously as it does when I just type "a" and "s".

I have checked the keyboard's driver, it's up to date and working fine. The sticky keys, toggle keys and mouse keys are all unticked. Also, I have restarted, shut down the computer multiple times. However, still the problem continues.

I have to either press backspace every time I type "a" and "s" OR else press and hold the backslash key first and then type "a" or "s" to get only "a" or "s". Every time I type only "a" and "s", it looks as follows:

1) a\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2) s\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

3) My backs\la\s\h button does\nt work but a\\\\\fter.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I have checked the help and support section of Microsoft but there is no such exact issue mentioned there and thus unable to fix it.

Natasha Naik, Feb 26, 2019
  4. The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113

CORTANA - When I ask Cortana if who am I she answers backslash username backslash

When I ask Cortana if who am I she answers backslash username backslash (\username\)

Is there a problem with that?

Ace Javier, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113

1. The IE Backslash bug, KB4491113 - Similar Threads - Backslash bug KB4491113

2. A button entering backslash with a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A button entering backslash with a: Whenever I press the A button, it enters \a, and the same is for when I press \. Also, if I press shift with A or , it will enter A.I checked the keyboard troubleshooter but there is no issue with the keyboard so I don't know what to do....
  3. A button entering backslash with a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A button entering backslash with a: Whenever I press the A button, it enters \a, and the same is for when I press \. Also, if I press shift with A or , it will enter A.I checked the keyboard troubleshooter but there is no issue with the keyboard so I don't know what to do....
  4. Win 10 Swedish keyboard layout bug/issue Backslash AltGr & + not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Swedish keyboard layout bug/issue Backslash AltGr & + not working: I'm using a swedish keyboard layout on both of my machines, but writing backslash AltGr & + doesn't work. It doesn't write out a backslash. This is rather annoying since I'm studying programming, and having to copy and paste a backslash every time I want to use one is a pain....
  5. Win 10 Swedish keyboard layout bug/issue Backslash AltGr & + not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Swedish keyboard layout bug/issue Backslash AltGr & + not working: I'm using a swedish keyboard layout on both of my machines, but writing backslash AltGr & + doesn't work. It doesn't write out a backslash. This is rather annoying since I'm studying programming, and having to copy and paste a backslash every time I want to use one is a pain....
  6. Win 10 Swedish keyboard layout bug/issue Backslash AltGr & + not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. typing backslash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    typing backslash: hello , it seems that i dont have the backslash on my windows 10 keyboard , i tried the "alt+92" but it doesn't work , please can someone help me out : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-backslash/ba7810a1-0602-4645-9f00-db93892918c4
  8. Backslash isn't appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backslash isn't appearing: So backslash is not appearing for me. If I press the key nothing happens, but the key works as when I shift press to get pipe( | ) it works perfectly. Even when I use the virtual keyboard it does not allow me to input backslash. I have also tried remapping the key to...
  9. Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug in Windows 7/10 explorer (not IE): Bad action of the "Paste" context menu item. 1) Copy and paste any *.exe file. 2) Click the context menu on any *.exe file 3) Choose "Paste" menu item 4) The program you clicked on starts...
  10. Seems Edge and IE have a cookie leakage bug

in Browsers and Email
    Seems Edge and IE have a cookie leakage bug: Hi all, I just tried this page that tests browsers' cookie management and got a cookie leakage bug report. In other terms, third party cookie blocking policies can be circumvented on these browsers. I was considering trying Edge again but it didn't last long... For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4491113 windows 10

2. kb4491113

3. backslash bug