Windows 10: The image of my game is stretched out

Discus and support The image of my game is stretched out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been playing SimCity4 on windows 11. I play it on a pretty wide screen. For months, the image of the game has been reduced to fit the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sebastianelli, Sep 22, 2022.

1. The image of my game is stretched out

I have been playing SimCity4 on windows 11. I play it on a pretty wide screen. For months, the image of the game has been reduced to fit the screen perfectly with an empty black space on the right and left. Recently, I updated the computer, and the image of the game is now stretched from left to right. How do I fix this problem? I need a step-by-step approach to fix this problem otherwise my game does not look right.

:)

Sebastianelli, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Stretched image after a Windows 10 Update

Hi Dianne,

It is possible that you're experiencing the issue after the update which image stretch horizontally due to corrupted/outdated drivers or compatibility issue. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried uninstalling then reinstall your drivers?

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa on this thread on how to use
    rollback function.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 22, 2022
  3. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 22, 2022
  4. The image of my game is stretched out

Gaming "Stretched" Problem

So I have a problem with playing a very old game called Speedy Blupi II. This game came out in the late 90s and I got it to work but the game play is stretched. I want to set it so there are two black bars on the side of the screen because the stretched
    game play looks ugly. I have Windows 10 and my graphics driver is an AMD Radeon R9 360. Can someone please help me? Thank you

Bryce Ferraro, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

The image of my game is stretched out

1. The image of my game is stretched out - Similar Threads - image game stretched

2. My screen is stretched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stretched: Im currently on windows 11 and even with the normal recommended resolution there are 2 black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, i have tried restarting the computer or changing and changing back the resolution but nothing is working....
  3. The image of my game is stretched out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The image of my game is stretched out: I have been playing SimCity4 on windows 11. I play it on a pretty wide screen. For months, the image of the game has been reduced to fit the screen perfectly with an empty black space on the right and left. Recently, I updated the computer, and the image of the game is now...
  4. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.: I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stretch-out-how-do-i-fix-it/05189fa1-f33e-4a21-8f3b-63ffa9ccb213
  5. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.: I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stretch-out-how-do-i-fix-it/05189fa1-f33e-4a21-8f3b-63ffa9ccb213
  6. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

7. Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer: I think there's something in the jpg, when in folder it it looks like thisIn the Windows Photo Viewer it looked like thisBut if I use other programs like paint or photo it looked normalDo you have any sugestion? Except using other program...
  8. Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit: I've been having this weird aspect ratio problem that started two days ago. The borders of the image viewer prevents the pictures from extending vertically completely even though the images are at least 1080 pixels tall. Zooming in does not solve this, nor does using the...
  9. Browser blacking out and Stretched Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser blacking out and Stretched Browser: For a week now, whenever I watch Youtube, Twitch, or any other website that has videos, my web browser will blackout and sometimes even my whole display. I've tried many things now, like updating Windows 10, repairing corrupted video files with a code, and many other things,...
  10. Distorted and Stretched Images on My Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted and Stretched Images on My Monitor: Yet again I have this same frickin' problem on my computer. I presume you were installing updates that I did not ask for and after that when I wanted to use my computer all the images acons and pictures are stretched and weird. Could you fix this please otherwise I will not...