Windows 10: The images are not displayed on Insert Online Pictures of Excel

Discus and support The images are not displayed on Insert Online Pictures of Excel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to insert an online picture on my Excel or Word file, when I chose a category for example Airplane, but the images are not displayed see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cathy168, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Cathy168 Win User

The images are not displayed on Insert Online Pictures of Excel

I wanted to insert an online picture on my Excel or Word file, when I chose a category for example Airplane, but the images are not displayed see the screenshot below. I reset all my browsers, it didn't work, the images are still not displayed. Whereas the issue didn't happen in the new user profile. so I think as it may be related to my current user profile when I set up Windows preferences. As every time when I log into the computer with the new user profile, Windows ask me many questions to set up. I don't remember which preference I chose during the set-up that led to the issue.

The images are not displayed on Insert Online Pictures of Excel 98c81a02-075d-4e85-8bd8-be173afd244e?upload=true.png

:)

Cathy168, Oct 2, 2020
  2. RVer88 Win User

Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Did all of the steps you suggested and the drop down list still does not show "insert comment" HOWEVER when I select "new note" from the dropdown list, it works the same as "insert comment". I think the engineers changed the title. Also at the top
    of the excel screen is a field "tell me what you want to do"; if you type in insert comment, the insert comment window comes up and looks exactly like the window when you select "new note". As you suggested, I will send feedback to the engineers. Thank
    you for your help.

RVer88, Oct 2, 2020
  3. excel not displaying pictures

May I ask does WP8.1 support it, display picture in excel? (I use Lumia 730)

Bresson Lin, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Oto_ Win User

Unable to insert COM object as picture

In Windows 10 I am unable to insert object as picture. It shows only icon.

To reproduce the issue:

1. Open for example wordpad or any other application which supports object embedding.
    2. Choose insert object.
    3. choose insert from file
    4. Choose any jpeg picture.
    5. File is inserted but shows as icon only. This is regression from Windows 7 as previously it was possible to insert directly as picture.

Workaround is to insert Paintbrush object then open image and copy paste in paintbrush but it is very inconvienent. It seems the crappy Microsoft Photos app is interfering with this but not sure how to uninstall it.

Oto_, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. The images are not displayed on Insert Online Pictures of Excel - Similar Threads - images are displayed

2. Inserting pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inserting pictures: Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked Monday, tuesday it decided this wasnt an option anymore....
  3. Inserting pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inserting pictures: Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked Monday, tuesday it decided this wasnt an option anymore....
  4. Inserting pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. inserting pictures into emails

inserting pictures into emails: How does one INSERT not attach an image into the body text of an email message using Optus Webmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inserting-pictures-into-emails/b61ac8d4-1554-4c8d-9e0c-4f6821c16387
  6. inserting pictures into emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    inserting pictures into emails: How does one INSERT not attach an image into the body text of an email message using Optus Webmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inserting-pictures-into-emails/b61ac8d4-1554-4c8d-9e0c-4f6821c16387
  7. inserting pictures into emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Insert Online Media

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insert Online Media: I want to embed a youtube video into my word document, but when I click insert I do not see the media video online to do this. Do I need to purchase something to get this capability?...
  9. Inserting a picture creates 2 images in the email

Inserting a picture creates 2 images in the email: I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit and this is in regards to the built in Mail app. Hi all, I am trying to send out an email ad and i want to insert a jpg photo into the email and then add a link to this image so that when the image is clicked in, it will take the user to my...
  10. inserting pictures in a thread

in Browsers and Email
    inserting pictures in a thread: Hi, I must have changed some setting or something has changed I think *Sad In the past I could just copy and paste an image (prtscrn) in a message. Now I first have to save the image and separately upload it? This is in Edge, but also in FireFox I guess it's...