Windows 10: The inconvenience of accidentally touching

Discus and support The inconvenience of accidentally touching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why did Microsoft eliminate the ability to turn off touchpad tapping and multiple-finger gesturing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Billy LeeHarman, Oct 1, 2020.

1. The inconvenience of accidentally touching

Why did Microsoft eliminate the ability to turn off touchpad tapping and multiple-finger gesturing?

:)

Billy LeeHarman, Oct 1, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, Oct 1, 2020
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 1, 2020
  4. The inconvenience of accidentally touching

Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

The inconvenience of accidentally touching

1. The inconvenience of accidentally touching - Similar Threads - inconvenience accidentally touching

2. some inconvenient operations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some inconvenient operations: I've noticed recently and noticed it before that many Windows apps need to be opened before they can detect updates. All apps that need updating are never shown in the Microsoft Store. Because I reinstall Windows so often, a lot of apps need to be updated individually, which...
  3. some inconvenient operations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some inconvenient operations: I've noticed recently and noticed it before that many Windows apps need to be opened before they can detect updates. All apps that need updating are never shown in the Microsoft Store. Because I reinstall Windows so often, a lot of apps need to be updated individually, which...
  4. Seriously inconvenient

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seriously inconvenient: I started using the touch screen because the File Explorer is so complicated. File explorer is copying folders, dropping me to the bottom of the page, selecting tons of files I don't want. Tried to turn off the buttons on the touch-pad and it looks like you can only turn off...
  5. Seriously inconvenient

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seriously inconvenient: I started using the touch screen because the File Explorer is so complicated. File explorer is copying folders, dropping me to the bottom of the page, selecting tons of files I don't want. Tried to turn off the buttons on the touch-pad and it looks like you can only turn off...
  6. Why is it so inconvenient to sort items in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it so inconvenient to sort items in file explorer?: Shouldn't clicking on "Type" sort the files by type, like it always has? Why would you hide the ability to actually sort files the way you want them under a separate, hard to find menu called "group by"? What a trash idea.I just found out you can "group by" none. That is so...
  7. Inconvenient audio silencing/starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inconvenient audio silencing/starting: I don't know how to describe this in a concise way. So, when there's no audio playing, the speakers on my monitor make no noise. When audio starts playing, it takes like half a second for it to "wake up" and start playing. That doesn't sound bad, but it's terrible for someone...
  8. Update is a Huge Inconvenience

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is a Huge Inconvenience: My windows computer just updated and I am infuriated with the layout. I have no idea how to change it back to my original desktop with all my organized apps and pdfs and other files. Could someone help me solve this issue? As soon as my computer turns on, all I see are the...
  9. [2016] Outlook Mail To/Adressee list very inconvenient

in Microsoft Office and 365
    [2016] Outlook Mail To/Adressee list very inconvenient: Hello all, Recently made the switch to Outlook 2016 and i noticed that for received e-mails with a lot of addressed people in the "To:" list, that the list is shortened unless i click the expand arrow. This is very annoying to me, since i often find myself checking if the...
  10. Windows Updates at Most Inconvenient Times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates at Most Inconvenient Times: Because I was tired of having Windows Update automatically install updates at the most inconvenient times, I paid for and installed Pro just so I could use the group policy editor to set Updates to Notify but don't download or install. This is an expensive solution to what...