Windows 10: The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer.

Discus and support The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; go to Time & Language in settings, language, keyboard and press "input language hotkeys". I like using ctrl+9 for english and alt+shift+0 for greek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alex_Jaro, Jan 8, 2021.

1. The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer.

go to Time & Language in settings, language, keyboard and press "input language hotkeys".

I like using ctrl+9 for english and alt+shift+0 for greek but after I restart my computer it appears like I had never set those hotkeys on that action (You just go to the same place you set them and it says "no hotkeys assigned". Hope that can be solved in some way, it's really annoying when I have to set them again and again. In windows 8.1 I would set them once and they would never be forgotten.

submitted by /u/Alex_Jaro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alex_Jaro, Jan 8, 2021
  2. yic17 Win User

Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!

Hi.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I get this issue where my computer forgets/resets the Input Language Hotkey for English. I used to set it as Ctrl + Shift + 1. But whenever I restart the computer, the hotkey goes back to blank/empty/nothing. I have manually set it in advanced settings several times already and it simply doesn't save it. Never had this problem in all the previous Windows I used (XP, 7, 8 etc).

Please help. Thank you.

yic17, Jan 8, 2021
  3. The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Jan 8, 2021
  4. cheng80 Win User

The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer.

Change language bar hotkeys in windows 10

there was advanced setting in the control panel/ time and language/ region and language/ other date, time and region setting/ change language setting/ advanced setting/ change input method/ change input language hotkeys

cheng80, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer.

1. The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer. - Similar Threads - input hotkeys I've

2. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  3. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  4. adding more Language input hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  5. adding more Language input hotkeys

adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  6. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  7. Hotkeys for changing the language

Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  8. How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?: All of the old tutorials dont work anymore, I believe they changed the setting in the settings in their ongoing quest to make windows as complicated as possible. submitted by /u/FuFuTurtle [link] [comments]...
  9. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change assigned hotkey for switching input language: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that. Thanks in advance, Sarah...
  10. Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!: Hi. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I get this issue where my computer forgets/resets the Input Language Hotkey for English. I used to set it as Ctrl + Shift + 1. But whenever I restart the computer, the hotkey goes back to blank/empty/nothing. I have manually set it...