Windows 10: The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Discus and support The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book running Win 10 Pro 1909. It appears to have a problem in that it will not install some updates. I tried to fix the problem as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bazsl1, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Bazsl1 Win User

The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

I have a Surface Book running Win 10 Pro 1909. It appears to have a problem in that it will not install some updates. I tried to fix the problem as follows.

1 Downloaded the Media Creation Tool.

2 Created an installation ISO to install Win 10 Pro 2004.

3 Mounted the ISO.

4 Ran setup.exe.

5 Picked the option to keep data and apps and received the following error.

We couldn't install Windows 10
    We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.
    0x80070002 - 0x4000D
    The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Windows phone support is unreachable defined as on hold for over an hour without talking to anyone. Does anyone know how to fix this short of completely rebuilding the system? Thanks.

:)

Bazsl1, Jun 25, 2020

2. 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D Setup failed in SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

• 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D
    • Setup failed in SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Marcusvan Loef, Jun 25, 2020
  3. 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D The installation failed at the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

I Have the same issue upgrading from 1511.

Tried everything that I have found and still fails with error 0x01900101-0x4000D

Installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

I have reinstalled and update all drivers

Any ideas?

Steve_Barnes, Jun 25, 2020
  4. The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

0xC1900101 - 0x4000D Setup failed in SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Hi Marcusvan,

The error message "0xC1900101 - 0x4000D Setup failed in SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" may have something to do with incompatible drivers or with the software installed on the computer. With that said, we will be performing
    some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this concern?
    • Do you have any antivirus program installed on your PC? If so, did you disable it before you update your computer?

Charianne Per, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation - Similar Threads - installation failed SECOND_BOOT

2. Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...: I'm trying to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 but it keeps failing. It reaches around 90ish percent then I get a screen that says undoing changes and reboots back to Windows 10. My PC passes the health check for 11 but I have no option to upgrade...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...: I'm trying to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 but it keeps failing. It reaches around 90ish percent then I get a screen that says undoing changes and reboots back to Windows 10. My PC passes the health check for 11 but I have no option to upgrade...
  4. the installation failed in the first boot phase with an error during migrate_data operation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the installation failed in the first boot phase with an error during migrate_data operation...: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 in workgroup when trying to do in place install windows receive error Have run sfc /scannow and all ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-installation-failed-in-the-first-boot-phase/05017b5c-c4b6-415d-8bb1-acbbcdd66f3c
  5. the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: error code 0x8007042B - 0x2000D "the installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" Hi I am getting this error when ever I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have tried both the Media Creation tool and the Windows Upgrade...
  6. the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during migrate_data operation

the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during migrate_data operation: I am trying to install windows 10 1903 but i am getting error.. If anyone is familiar..guide me to fix it..i have the iso file too... tried windows assist and windows update from settings my pc spec: 10pro 8gb ram 1Tb left 640gb(3 partion with c drive 170gb) [ATTACH]...
  7. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

in Windows 10 News
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If during Windows 10 Upgrade, you receive error 0x80070003 – 0x2000D, The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation message, then this post may be able to help you. 0x80070003 – 0x2000D, The installation failed [...]...
  8. the upload failed SECOND_BOOT during an MIGRATE_DATA operation with an error

the upload failed SECOND_BOOT during an MIGRATE_DATA operation with an error: Windows 10, sürüm 1803 özellik güncellemesi 3. 09. 2018 - Son yükleme denemesi 0x80240034'te hata oldu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/the-upload-failed-secondboot-during-an-migratedata/f6fbf353-c253-4ed1-aa07-07f8bac16fd9
  9. 1703 to 1709 fails in SECOND_BOOT phase, error during MIGRATE_DATA

1703 to 1709 fails in SECOND_BOOT phase, error during MIGRATE_DATA: Hi all, please bear with me. I have the following drives: (see attachment) My C drive, a 120GB SSD My D drive (Music), E drive (More Programs), F drive (Steam Library) all on a 4TB drive My G drive (Video), my K drive (email) on a 2TB drive My H drive (Games) a 240GB...
  10. The installation failed on the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during

The installation failed on the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during: I'm trying to upgrade my HP Envy 15 J2E89EA from 8.1 Home to 10 Home but it keeps failing with the above message. It also gives me 0xC1900101 - 0x40017. I've been using a Win 64 ISO DVD, I did a windows Update check beforehand but it was already up to date. I've tried...