Windows 10: "The installation has failed" and other issues

Discus and support "The installation has failed" and other issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Let me give you a summary. I have been talking to several agents already and none have solved my problem yet. I’m trying to fix this issue for 13... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Túlio Vasconcelos, Jan 24, 2019.

1. "The installation has failed" and other issues

Hi. Let me give you a summary. I have been talking to several agents already and none have solved my problem yet. I’m trying to fix this issue for 13 hours already today. I really need someone senior on this. Apparently is all about some corrupted core files. But let me start from the beginning.

First I tried to run a software called SPSS. It showed the following error: “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail”.

I googled it and have found that it’s something about the vcredist_x86.exe (Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008) and that it should be installed.

When I try to install it, it shows another error: “Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version=”9.0.307.29.1”,publicKeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitecture=”x86”,type=”win32”. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80073712”.

The only VC++ that shows this error is the 2008 version. Every other year works. But still the first error mentioned (side-by-side) persists.

I googled it and found several solutions, like removing .NET Framework (which I couldn’t do it because showed another error: “the component store has been corrupted”).

So I decided to talk to someone. I have been talking to 8 agents today already and the last 4 suggested me to download and install Win10_1803_English_64.ISO because there was something about missing or corrupted files in my OS and it should be reinstalled/repaired. I have tried with 4 agents and the installation stopped around 69% showing the error “the installation has failed”. The 3rd agent (case #1458285526) said that he have renamed Windows-bt folder. It includes the files to upgrade Windows and once I do upgrade, the old OS goes into that folder, but the installation didn’t work as well.

The 5th agent did a custom installation of the OS and apparentely worked. But when I tried again to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 I got the same Error 1935..

The 7th agent just ignored me about everything I said on the previous installations and tried to reinstall the OS, then the agent just closed the chat. The 8th I even talked to the supervisor at the phone but after less than 5 minutes connected remotely, he closed the chat as well.

Also now the .NET Framework box is unticked on the “Turn Windows features on or off.” and if you try to tick it, it will say “the component store has been corrupted

The last agent asked me to install “2018-09 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4456655)” on https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb4456655. It says the update is not applicable to my computer.

Also I have runned Windows Update troubleshooter. It said “Potential Windows Update Database error detected”.

I’ve tried running the command operation DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth on Command Prompt as well. It gives the error: The restore operation failed. Either the repair source was not found or the component store cannot be repaired.

Error: 0x800f081f

DISM failed. No operation was performed.

For more information, review the log file.

I’ve tried running the command operation “sfc /scannow” on Command Prompt (including in Safe Mode) and I get “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

Also, when I check for updates I get an error when downloading the “2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4480966)". It says “Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.

Error code: (0x80073712)”.

I have a brand new Surface Pro 6. Don’t know why this is happening.

:)

Túlio Vasconcelos, Jan 24, 2019
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Dec 16, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

"The installation has failed" and other issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

"The installation has failed" and other issues

1. "The installation has failed" and other issues - Similar Threads - installation has failed

2. Windows 10 installation has failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 installation has failed: Hi, I have purchased the Windows 10 Home N installation. When running the installation pack, I receive the attached notification, without any error details nor other options to choose. No idea how to proceed. Any advices from the community please?Thanks!Pawel...
  3. Windows 10 installation has failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation has failed: Ive had this issue for over a week now so first i wasnt able to activate windows 7 which i fixed by downloading Windows6.1-KB3212810-x64 off of the microsoft website and then i was finally able to activate windows. There was some kind of error i dont have the full error code...
  4. Windows 10 installation has failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation has failed: Ive had this issue for over a week now so first i wasnt able to activate windows 7 which i fixed by downloading Windows6.1-KB3212810-x64 off of the microsoft website and then i was finally able to activate windows. There was some kind of error i dont have the full error code...
  5. Windows 10 installation has failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation has failed.: I have a windows 8.1 Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 that doesn't want to upgrade to windows 10. I've done everything i could think of, including installing to a USB. I have more than enough storage to upgrade and a core i5 processor, with 8GB of RAM. I have NVIDIA GeForce 840M...
  6. Windows 11 Installation has failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Installation has failed: Please help me. i always get this message box saying "Windows 11 installation has failed" when i tried to install windows 11 at about 57%. I've already tried all option to install it with windows assistant,ISO,media creation and none of them is working. I still have o lot of...
  7. Windows 10 KB4579311 fails to install and causes other issues

Windows 10 KB4579311 fails to install and causes other issues: Respeted Team members, Yesterday night my HP desktop window 10 pro updates installed KB 4579311, KB4571756,KB4578968 but i have not update an restart and next morning again i have not update and restart On require i always shut down or restart. Now after few hours...
  8. Windows 10 KB4579311 fails to install and causes other issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4579311 fails to install and causes other issues: After downloading Windows 10 KB4579311 and KB4577671, users have found that it’s causing a wide range of issues, including system crashes and endless installation loop. On October 13, fondly referred to as Patch Tuesday, Microsoft rolled out the October Patch Tuesday...
  9. Discord Installation has failed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord Installation has failed?: Hello. I have installed Discord on the PC with Windows 10 Home. Uninstalled it and then installed it again. Then I got the message: 'installation has failed'. Then I deleted data from Discord. But the message keeps coming back. The support does not help me. Please don't send...
  10. Windows installation has failed.

Windows installation has failed.: After checking all the updates, when the windows is ready to install on the computer. At 24% it displays "Windows installation has failed."...