Windows 10: The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade in Cortana to solve the problem; After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rlh1876, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Rlh1876 Win User

The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working

:)

Rlh1876, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 29, 2019
  4. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

1. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - installed microphone stopped

2. my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed: my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-stopped-working-after-windows-11-was/bca24fc9-638b-4338-b423-527bb8fd5668
  3. my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed: my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-stopped-working-after-windows-11-was/bca24fc9-638b-4338-b423-527bb8fd5668
  4. My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.

My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.: Since I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, my microphone has stopped working. When I connected my wired headphone it does not record any sound and even the inbuilt microphone in the laptop showed the same issue. When I connected my Bluetooth earphone the microphone worked...
  5. My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.: Since I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, my microphone has stopped working. When I connected my wired headphone it does not record any sound and even the inbuilt microphone in the laptop showed the same issue. When I connected my Bluetooth earphone the microphone worked...
  6. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  7. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  8. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  9. After Windows 10 was installed microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 was installed microphone not working: After Windows 10 was installed microphone no longer working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-was-installed-microphone-not/740fa982-2ea7-4b09-908b-779084b70978
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades.: A friend called in just as I was having Windows 10 problems. He advised me to stop getting uploads as they cause too many problems. I was sure I should do it, but he told I could revert back to getting upgrades if I wished. I wanted to install a new game which needed the...