Windows 10: The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive

Discus and support The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Fresh installs of Windows 10 and Office 365 subscription.Excel spreadsheet on OneDrive.Shared link to that Excel file.Clicking on that file opens it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrrrrrRHK, May 27, 2023.

1. GrrrrrRHK Win User

The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive

Fresh installs of Windows 10 and Office 365 subscription.Excel spreadsheet on OneDrive.Shared link to that Excel file.Clicking on that file opens it in a web version of Excel that has a reduced features.Why won't it open it in the installed Excel?Is there any way or setting that will open it in the installed Excel and not this poor web version?

:)

GrrrrrRHK, May 27, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 27, 2023
  3. Need help with signing in to Microsoft Store, Office, and OneDrive

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble signing in to the Microsoft Store, Office, and OneDrive on my Windows device. Whenever I try to sign in, I receive two error messages: 0x8007000e (Unable to connect.) and 0x80860010 (This app has issued too many requests.

Press Retry to continue.).

I have tried several troubleshooting steps, including:

• Restarting my computer
    • Checking my network connection
    • Resetting my network settings
    • Running the sfc /scannow command
    • Running the DISM command
    I have also tried everything possible to repair the Microsoft Store, including:

• Running the Windows Store App troubleshooter
    • Running the Get-AppXPackage command
    • Running the wsreset.exe command
    • Resetting the Microsoft Store cache
    But nothing seems to be working.

This problem is preventing me from synchronizing my files on OneDrive, using Office applications, and accessing the software I need from the Microsoft Store. It's causing significant inconvenience.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this issue.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems and found a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Darkfall48, May 27, 2023
  4. RuskinF Win User

MS office keeps crashing when interacting with windows 10

Follow these steps to fix your MS Office

Exit all the Office applications, first.

1. Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
      • Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive :press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe and then press OK.
      • Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
    2. Locate and then select the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\General
    3. Locate the ShownFirstRunOptin registry value in the key that is specified in step 3. If you do not find ShownFirstRunOptin, go to step 5. If you do find it, go to step 7.
    4. If you do not find the ShownFirstRunOptin registry value, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    5. Type ShownFirstRunOptin, and then press ENTER.
    6. Right-click ShownFirstRunOptin, and then click Modify.
    7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
    8. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.

RuskinF, May 27, 2023
Thema:

1. The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive - Similar Threads - Interactions Between Office

2. Synch issue between Onedrive and laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synch issue between Onedrive and laptop: Hello, I am continuing to have synch problems with my personal Onedrive, due to an old NHS Onedrive I no longer work for them. All the NHS data/access has now been removed, but I cannot remove the icon as I'm not an NHS admin. It still seems to be conflicting with my personal...
  3. Synch issue between Onedrive and laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synch issue between Onedrive and laptop: Hello, I am continuing to have synch problems with my personal Onedrive, due to an old NHS Onedrive I no longer work for them. All the NHS data/access has now been removed, but I cannot remove the icon as I'm not an NHS admin. It still seems to be conflicting with my personal...
  4. The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive: Fresh installs of Windows 10 and Office 365 subscription.Excel spreadsheet on OneDrive.Shared link to that Excel file.Clicking on that file opens it in a web version of Excel that has a reduced features.Why won't it open it in the installed Excel?Is there any way or setting...
  5. The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive

The Interactions Between Office and Onedrive: Fresh installs of Windows 10 and Office 365 subscription.Excel spreadsheet on OneDrive.Shared link to that Excel file.Clicking on that file opens it in a web version of Excel that has a reduced features.Why won't it open it in the installed Excel?Is there any way or setting...
  6. Office 365: Outlook & other MSO apps interaction

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365: Outlook & other MSO apps interaction: A curiosity, perhaps a setting somewhere, perhaps intentional by design. I use Outlook client for my emails using outlook.pst for emails to my main email address, other .pst files for my other email addresses. Assuming Outlook is not running, I've noticed that when I open...
  7. Office transfer between computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office transfer between computers: I want to transfer Office 2013 from one laptop to another. The other laptop has Office 2007. Then I want to buy Office home and student 2019 for the second laptop. How is this done?...
  8. MS office keeps crashing when interacting with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS office keeps crashing when interacting with windows 10: MS office Outlook, Word, Excel keeps crashing when a file in windows explorer is tried to open by right click of mouse. This issue started happening after the last update of the windows 10 a month back....
  9. Onedrive not synced between machines.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not synced between machines.: Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Laptop. One account the same Laptop shows more file count than PC. Onedrive settings on both are exactly the same. Can I force a sync?...
  10. Interaction between applications running with different rights

Interaction between applications running with different rights: I have 2 Lenovo small form factor PCs, both running Windows 10 Pro and both set up identically to open and run a labelling application whenever it is launched from either the usual file associations through file explorer, or via hyperlinks in an excel spreadsheet. Both PCs...