Windows 10: the internal microphone sound is now making crackly noises and my voice is unclear - it was...

Discus and support the internal microphone sound is now making crackly noises and my voice is unclear - it was... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the internal microphone sound is now distorted and crackly. I sound like I am trying to speak whilst standing in the ocean. Lots of additional noise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AuntieJane3, Jul 25, 2020.

1. the internal microphone sound is now making crackly noises and my voice is unclear - it was...

the internal microphone sound is now distorted and crackly. I sound like I am trying to speak whilst standing in the ocean. Lots of additional noise off the microphone. How do I clear it up. Tried the troubleshooter but no help.

:)

AuntieJane3, Jul 25, 2020
  2. kirillkh Win User

Better microphone noise suppression in Windows 10?

Having acquired a new and supposedly good microphone (ModMic), I noticed that I'm still hearing a lot of noise in the recording - about as bad as with my old cheap microphone. I now think the reason is the quality of the sound card (it's the on-board sound card on Asus Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard). For the record, I hear very similar results from both microphone ports (front and rear). My microphone boost setting is at zero and the gain is at 100%, but I also tried different settings with similar results.

I tried to use two noise suppression tools:

1. The "Noise suppression" checkbox in Microphone Properties -> VoizReal Exp tab. This helps, but some background noise remains and it seems the voice is clipped.
    2. The "Noise suppression" filter in OBS Studio. This works much better. No noise remains, and the voice quality is comparatively good.

The question is is it possible to apply a filter like (2) system-wide and not just in OBS Studio.

kirillkh, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Crackly microphone

Hello, when I attempt to use the microphone, it's really crackly. Specifically, I've noticed this using Zoom. Others are distracted by the sound quality. I've already tried updating the microphone drivers, and I've had no luck. My speakers/listening quality
    is fine. What else do I do?

SusanPrice4, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

the internal microphone sound is now making crackly noises and my voice is unclear - it was...

Software to separate noise from the human voice or song

For audio, you could try Audacity. You can select a sample period where there is just the noise you want to remove, then filter that from the audio.

Noise Reduction - Audacity Manual

Thema:

the internal microphone sound is now making crackly noises and my voice is unclear - it was...

1. the internal microphone sound is now making crackly noises and my voice is unclear - it was... - Similar Threads - internal microphone sound

2. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  3. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  4. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Low microphone voice sound

Low microphone voice sound: My microphone is good but it is barely recording voice sound i have also increased it to100 from properties, it only recognizes breathing air sound easily. I have tried updating driver from device manager and it says that I have already latest driver installedI have also...
  6. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  7. Microphone making static noise...

Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  8. crack noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crack noise: hi , can someone please tell me how to solve this huge problem i've been struggling since i bought this laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crack-noise/fea062a0-961d-4558-8dc6-5c6d6cef828c
  9. crack noise

crack noise: hi , can someone please tell me how to solve this huge problem i've been struggling since i bought this laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crack-noise/fea062a0-961d-4558-8dc6-5c6d6cef828c
  10. Microphone making a noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone making a noise: Microphone is making a noise while I'm recording in voice recorder app on windowss 10 On 48000Hz 24 bit quality very suddenly this happend. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-making-a-noise/7b0299d7-4515-4d59-b10d-9f18228f6854