Windows 10: The internet is running on cable at half speed

Discus and support The internet is running on cable at half speed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bekalekishvili, Oct 21, 2021.

1. The internet is running on cable at half speed

The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp

:)

bekalekishvili, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Atrahasis Win User

Cpu running half speed

While playing a game few hours ago I noticed my computer suddenly became incredibly slow. The windows task manager showed that the cpu was using half its capabilities. I have been playing this game since 4 years, with this same 4 years-old laptop, and it had never happened before. I have to mention I installed windows 10 few days ago, which also changed my graphic card's drivers. I suppose it is a feature preventing CPU overheat. It may be a new feature, changed parameters that enables it sooner than before, or dust accumulating past 4 years that activates it sooner than before as @Bokan's answer suggest.

The problem is that this feature does not get disabled when I quit the game, making the computer unusable for several hours. When I first posted this question I had to wait about 8 hours before it came back.. by itself. The only other way to get this speed back is to restart windows in any safe mode, but that is not very satisfying. I have checked battery and power parameters, they are not changed and changing them does not restore the cpu speed. I have checked the graphic card's parameters, same.

What is this feature ? How to disable it or change its parameters ?

NOTE : I have an intel CPU that has the SpeedStep technology. But the normal speed is not back after reboot (as I read it does when SpeedStep reduces it), I do not see any option to enable/disable it in the BIOS, neither on the GPU desktop UI. Last time the normal speed was restored while the computer was active (see comments).

EDIT : I just completed the first reboot of the second time this problem appears, and this time it disappeared ! This is madness.

This question has also been asked on answers.microsoft.com :

You can admire how microsoft does not care about giving the **** name of this feature to its unanimous customers, not even mentionning speedstep or battery / power / cpu parameters.

Also on other website, mentionning speedstep :

Here on SuperUser but does not solve my issue :

On 'Answer Tech', live Microsoft's technicians all answer the same epic crap (they all prefer blaming the manufacturer, asking the customer to return his computer (!!!!) than answering that they do not know). This one was particularly good :

The internet is running on cable at half speed iHb92.png

Atrahasis, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Chrysalis Win User
    New NVME Running at HALF Speed - What could be the cause?

If I understand properly the SN750 in the same slot is full speed, but when you put the new drive in there its connecting at half speed to the PCIE. That suggests a possible compatibility issue where the drive is perhaps misdetecting the capability of the slot.

Chrysalis, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Toothless Win User

The internet is running on cable at half speed

Is My Memory Running at Half Speed?..

Nah. This is just to make sure your memory is running at the speed it is listed at. XMP is CPU-only.

Toothless, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

The internet is running on cable at half speed

1. The internet is running on cable at half speed - Similar Threads - internet running cable

2. Programs run at half speed if logged out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs run at half speed if logged out: Hello,I am having issues when accessing my windows PC remotely via RDP. The connection works flawlessly, but if I end the RDP session, then I am automatically logged out of my account, meaning that I am again at the windows login screen. This would not be a problem, but if I...
  3. Programs run at half speed if logged out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs run at half speed if logged out: Hello,I am having issues when accessing my windows PC remotely via RDP. The connection works flawlessly, but if I end the RDP session, then I am automatically logged out of my account, meaning that I am again at the windows login screen. This would not be a problem, but if I...
  4. The internet is running on cable at half speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The internet is running on cable at half speed: The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp...
  5. Internet speed becomes half in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed becomes half in Windows 10: I have been using windows 10 form more than a year but after the update 21H1 I am facing an internet speed problem as it runs at 2 MBps but the device shows nearly about 4 - 4.5 MBps. I have used command "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal" and it returned with...
  6. Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET

Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET: I have two custom pc's. Both have similar issues. Suppose to be getting 1gb internet speed, but am constantly only pulling ~200 to 300mbs. I have checked and replaced cat cables, I have reset modem and router, I have updated and checked drivers, I have booted from linux live...
  7. Internet speed drops to half

Internet speed drops to half: Hello, its few months when I have this problem, and my provider said that my speed its not limited. But when I am downloading games (it happend with rockstar, and now with steam too) first 17gb its downloaded with normal speed, but after 17gb, speed drops at half and dont...
  8. Half speed RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half speed RAM: Helo, so I have a new laptop with 2x DDR4 2400MHz, but CPU-Z says that I have NB Frequency of 600MHz and DRAM Frequncy of 400MHz. Is this Ok ? This would make my RAM half speed. submitted by /u/krystofdzoba [link] [comments]...
  9. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I get half internet speed on my new PC: I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i...
  10. I get half internet speed on my new PC

I get half internet speed on my new PC: I bought and iBUYPOWER pc (BB902) , and when test my internet speed and i get 40 mb, when my internet connection in all my other devices is 100 mb and the modem is really close to my PC I use this realtek rtl8811au wireless lan 802.11ac usb 2.0 network adapter and i...