Windows 10: The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error

Discus and support The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi:As of last week I have been getting error 154's similar to the above. I also get regular 153 warnings as well. This has resulted in failed boots,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Canuck_geoff, Oct 21, 2021.

1. The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error

Hi:As of last week I have been getting error 154's similar to the above. I also get regular 153 warnings as well. This has resulted in failed boots, regular chkdsks on boot up freeze ups and corrupted applications. I have reset the system once and the problem has returned. I have run an exhaustive diagnostic on the hybrid drive and it passes. System File Checks are mostly clean, but occasionally need to repair.Is there anything anyone can suggest I can do to pinpoint if this is a hardware issue affecting the disk subsystem?AMD processor on Gigabyte motherboardSeagate FireCudaWin 10 build

:)

Canuck_geoff, Oct 21, 2021
  2. IronBat Win User
    IronBat, Oct 21, 2021
  3. DJSA0203 Win User
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\000000c8) failed due to a hardware error.

Hello, up until a few weeks ago my email and Seagate external hard drive were working well.

I figured out the problem with email after hours, but I cannot figure out how to get my hard drive back. It actually shows the device, but it's no longer connected to a drive letter, which it always did automatically.

I cannot express how frustrated I am that I have some sort of issue EVERY time an update is performed with Windows 10.

I have (2) Seagate hard drives, one shows up fine and the other disappeared from Explorer. Any advice would be helpful. This is the error that I found.

The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\000000c8) failed due to a hardware error.

DJSA0203, Oct 21, 2021
  4. The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error

ever since moving to windows 10 I get The IO operation and logical block address error

This error is all over my event logs

The IO operation at logical block address 0x325d6d640 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000054) was retried.

The IO operation at logical block address 0x322e90458 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000054) was retried.

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: M:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume2.

(The I/O device reported an I/O error.)
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x5f1790 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000054) was retried.

this only hass occured under windows 10.

prior to upgrading to windows 10 edu. I was runing windows 7 ent and never had any errors like this

I have recently(last week) did a clean install of windows 10 ENT LTSB. and the errors are still there

this drive is pointing to an array on my areca arc 1261 ML controller, the logging for the controller shows no errors for itslef or the cache module, nor does the smart information for all of the drives in the array

the volume is 16x2tb drives in raid 6

ChrisWilson_nipu, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error

1. The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error - Similar Threads - operation logical block

2. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...: Hi everyone. Recently I started to receive a Disk Write Error in Steam during installation. After investigating the error, I ended up checking the Event Viewer and seeing this error. I tried running chkdsk with /r/f and also with /spotfix and it fixed something, but it seems...
  3. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...: Hi everyone. Recently I started to receive a Disk Write Error in Steam during installation. After investigating the error, I ended up checking the Event Viewer and seeing this error. I tried running chkdsk with /r/f and also with /spotfix and it fixed something, but it seems...
  4. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk XX was retried. System freezes

The IO operation at logical block address for Disk XX was retried. System freezes: I started seeing system freezes after installing a new, large SSD. I found the error shown in the System Event Viewer, All the other threads on this topic seem to be locked, so I started a new question, but I also have the solution I found.The solution I found has to do with...
  6. The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error

The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error: Hi:As of last week I have been getting error 154's similar to the above. I also get regular 153 warnings as well. This has resulted in failed boots, regular chkdsks on boot up freeze ups and corrupted applications. I have reset the system once and the problem has returned. I...
  7. The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error

The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error: Hi:As of last week I have been getting error 154's similar to the above. I also get regular 153 warnings as well. This has resulted in failed boots, regular chkdsks on boot up freeze ups and corrupted applications. I have reset the system once and the problem has returned. I...
  8. The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153: Problem: Seagate external USB-HD works fine with ExFAT, but with NTFS it will give event ID153 during copying files from HardDisk to this USB-drive. Asus P6X58D-E with i7. Windows 10 Pro N, Version 2004, Build 19041.508 Separate USB card - Delock 89363 with Renesans...
  9. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 0 was retried.

The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 0 was retried.: Resolved: 1. Try to change different power cable connector and SATA cable connector. 2. Try to clean using Alcohol or Eraser power connector and SATA connector on your Hard Disk Drive or Solid State Drive. This could be helpful....
  10. The IO operation at logical block address....was retired.

The IO operation at logical block address....was retired.: Hi, over the last day my computer has had a bluescreen error and rebooted twice, it appears to be because of my USB 3.0 3TB WD external HDD (see photos), I was reading from the drive at the time. I have had this drive for a couple of years and have had no problems, i've done...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. io operation at logical block address failed due to a hardware error

2. The IO operation at logical block address 0x2ea57d8 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\0000002e) failed due to a hardware error.