Windows 10: The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

Discus and support The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem: Seagate external USB-HD works fine with ExFAT, but with NTFS it will give event ID153 during copying files from HardDisk to this USB-drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pirkanmaalta, Sep 13, 2020.

1. The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

Problem: Seagate external USB-HD works fine with ExFAT, but with NTFS it will give event ID153 during copying files from HardDisk to this USB-drive.

Asus P6X58D-E with i7.

Windows 10 Pro N, Version 2004, Build 19041.508

Separate USB card - Delock 89363 with Renesans D720201.

I have connected Seagate Expansion Portable 5T into this USB. With USB3.0 SS cable. None separate power cable on this HD.

ATA drivers 21.6.2006, 10.0.19041.488 - none newer available from Asus or Intel for MB

USB Selective Suspend setting is changed to disabled.

PCI-E Link State Power Management, Settings, Moderate Power Settings

This has been changed to Off.

Bdedit has been changed: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

TimeOutValue

This is already 60s recommendation 20-30s

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Diskhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2806730

Scandisk and Checkdisk all ok.

sfc/scannow is ok

Something else to try?

:)

Pirkanmaalta, Sep 13, 2020
  2. lospollos Win User

Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1) was retried" Does everyone here know what it is ?coz I dont really know about I/O operation at windows .

lospollos, Sep 13, 2020
  3. I just found a problem with my Mushkin Reactor 1TB ssd, how do I fix

In event viewer, it shows a warning event id 153 disk
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x5c0d4931 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000036) was retried.
    is there a way to fix this?

skellattarr, Sep 13, 2020
  4. IronBat Win User

The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

IronBat, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

1. The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153 - Similar Threads - Operation Logical Block

2. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...: Hi everyone. Recently I started to receive a Disk Write Error in Steam during installation. After investigating the error, I ended up checking the Event Viewer and seeing this error. I tried running chkdsk with /r/f and also with /spotfix and it fixed something, but it seems...
  3. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...: Hi everyone. Recently I started to receive a Disk Write Error in Steam during installation. After investigating the error, I ended up checking the Event Viewer and seeing this error. I tried running chkdsk with /r/f and also with /spotfix and it fixed something, but it seems...
  4. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 3 failed due to a hardware error but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk XX was retried. System freezes

The IO operation at logical block address for Disk XX was retried. System freezes: I started seeing system freezes after installing a new, large SSD. I found the error shown in the System Event Viewer, All the other threads on this topic seem to be locked, so I started a new question, but I also have the solution I found.The solution I found has to do with...
  6. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk XX was retried. System freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The IO operation at logical block address for Disk XX was retried. System freezes: I started seeing system freezes after installing a new, large SSD. I found the error shown in the System Event Viewer, All the other threads on this topic seem to be locked, so I started a new question, but I also have the solution I found.The solution I found has to do with...
  7. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk XX was retried. System freezes

8. The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error

The IO operation at logical block address...failed due to a hardware error: Hi:As of last week I have been getting error 154's similar to the above. I also get regular 153 warnings as well. This has resulted in failed boots, regular chkdsks on boot up freeze ups and corrupted applications. I have reset the system once and the problem has returned. I...
  9. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 0 was retried.

The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 0 was retried.: Resolved: 1. Try to change different power cable connector and SATA cable connector. 2. Try to clean using Alcohol or Eraser power connector and SATA connector on your Hard Disk Drive or Solid State Drive. This could be helpful....
  10. The IO operation at logical block address....was retired.

The IO operation at logical block address....was retired.: Hi, over the last day my computer has had a bluescreen error and rebooted twice, it appears to be because of my USB 3.0 3TB WD external HDD (see photos), I was reading from the drive at the time. I have had this drive for a couple of years and have had no problems, i've done...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Event ID 153 disk The IO operation at logical block address 0x72e03800 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000037) was retried.

2. io operation was retried usb drive