Windows 10: The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

Discus and support The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem: Seagate external USB-HD works fine with ExFAT, but with NTFS it will give event ID153 during copying files from HardDisk to this USB-drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pirkanmaalta, Sep 13, 2020.

1. The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

Problem: Seagate external USB-HD works fine with ExFAT, but with NTFS it will give event ID153 during copying files from HardDisk to this USB-drive.

Asus P6X58D-E with i7.

Windows 10 Pro N, Version 2004, Build 19041.508

Separate USB card - Delock 89363 with Renesans D720201.

I have connected Seagate Expansion Portable 5T into this USB. With USB3.0 SS cable. None separate power cable on this HD.

ATA drivers 21.6.2006, 10.0.19041.488 - none newer available from Asus or Intel for MB

USB Selective Suspend setting is changed to disabled.

PCI-E Link State Power Management, Settings, Moderate Power Settings

This has been changed to Off.

Bdedit has been changed: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

TimeOutValue

This is already 60s recommendation 20-30s

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Diskhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2806730

Scandisk and Checkdisk all ok.

sfc/scannow is ok

Something else to try?

:)

Pirkanmaalta, Sep 13, 2020
  2. lospollos Win User

Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1) was retried" Does everyone here know what it is ?coz I dont really know about I/O operation at windows .

lospollos, Sep 13, 2020
  3. I just found a problem with my Mushkin Reactor 1TB ssd, how do I fix

In event viewer, it shows a warning event id 153 disk
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x5c0d4931 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000036) was retried.
    is there a way to fix this?

skellattarr, Sep 13, 2020
  4. IronBat Win User

The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

IronBat, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

1. The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153 - Similar Threads - Operation Logical Block

2. The IO operation at logical block address 0x3a4fcf00 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\00000038...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x3a4fcf00 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\00000038...: I have this error msg in Event Viewer everytime I boot up I have formatted the drive in question and still get these error any help???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-io-operation-at-logical-block-address/96816181-d481-4fa2-b42f-2e2f6522ff62
  3. The I/O operation at the logical block address was repeated?

The I/O operation at the logical block address was repeated?: Hello, as you can see I have a problem with the HDD and I don't know how to fix it, the HDD is always working at full capacity and doesn't do anything anymore, does anyone have an idea what I can do about it? Edit: this only happens when I load a game from the HDD....
  4. The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 2 PDO name: \Device\000000c8 failed...

The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 2 PDO name: \Device\000000c8 failed...: Hello, up until a few weeks ago my email and Seagate external hard drive were working well. I figured out the problem with email after hours, but I cannot figure out how to get my hard drive back. It actually shows the device, but it's no longer connected to a drive letter,...
  5. The IO operation at logical block address 0x3acad0 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\0000003c)...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x3acad0 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\0000003c)...: my computer system disk is a SSD, and I buy it a few days. I want to know what is mean about the error: The IO operation at logical block address 0x3acad0 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\0000003c) was retried. [ATTACH]...
  6. Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153)

Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153): So I built my first gaming pc back in September 2018 and since then every couple weeks or so my pc would act up for about a week where basically it freezes for about 1 minute at a time with about 15 second intervals. Here are my specs... Ryzen 3 1200 CPU GTX 1050ti by...
  7. The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 0 was retried.

The IO operation at logical block address for Disk 0 was retried.: Resolved: 1. Try to change different power cable connector and SATA cable connector. 2. Try to clean using Alcohol or Eraser power connector and SATA connector on your Hard Disk Drive or Solid State Drive. This could be helpful....
  8. computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98: Hello, I'm experiencing some issues with one of my drives.. not sure which. I get the event viewer id 153 error along with event id 98 I will provide screenshots of the errors to hopefully support getting help with this problem. I've tried replacing my PSU as this was the...
  9. The IO operation at logical block address....was retired.

The IO operation at logical block address....was retired.: Hi, over the last day my computer has had a bluescreen error and rebooted twice, it appears to be because of my USB 3.0 3TB WD external HDD (see photos), I was reading from the drive at the time. I have had this drive for a couple of years and have had no problems, i've done...
  10. Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153: I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name:...