Windows 10: The ip address I am trying to connect to is informing me that the file share is not secure...

Discus and support The ip address I am trying to connect to is informing me that the file share is not secure... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone inform me how to go about resolving this issue:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joel Man, May 17, 2019.

1. Joel Man Win User

The ip address I am trying to connect to is informing me that the file share is not secure...

Can anyone inform me how to go about resolving this issue:

:)

Joel Man, May 17, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

gameux.dll trying to access secure MS IP address

I have a shed lot of logs in comodo firewall that gameux.dll is trying to access IP 65.55.162.27 << looked up as an MS IP address , over port 443 (https) this is being blocked by comodo though in the firewall logs gameux.dll is trying port after port, seems to be in order aswell, basically this dll is trying to get to that secure MS IP address for some reason and is port scanning to get out.........

I can't find much info on this dll though it appears to be an MS one and the behaviour of it is worrying, why is it scanning all available ports to access that IP? if this was anyone but MS this would be considered virus/spyware behaviour. It's possibly harmless but still.

Anyone came across this?

Seems this dll corresponds to MS Games Explorer that was intro'd in Vista, doesn't explain why it is trying to send information to a secure MS IP address

NdMk2o1o, May 17, 2019
  3. MilkyWay Win User

Microsoft updates, sometimes they add in information in the Game Explorer folder for the individual games; for example some of my games have little age ratings and some have no information. Its a long shot but either that or its hidden secret spyware.

EDIT: Okay lol seems like everyone else managed to post while i was typing, its like fastest to the finger in this forum.

MilkyWay, May 17, 2019
  4. Thatguy Win User

The ip address I am trying to connect to is informing me that the file share is not secure...

Why does the disk indexing service send out notifications to the microsoft server in redmond ?

news flash, microsoft knows all about what you do with your computer unless you defeat these spyware features.

Thatguy, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. The ip address I am trying to connect to is informing me that the file share is not secure... - Similar Threads - address trying connect

2. someone called and said my ip addresses were hacked tried to get information from me...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    someone called and said my ip addresses were hacked tried to get information from me...: Please call asap someone has tried to get all my accounts hacked please call 941-740-4769 now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-called-and-said-my-ip-addresses-were/688c32c9-b462-4d23-bc8c-17ad98f2deb5
  3. someone called and said my ip addresses were hacked tried to get information from me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someone called and said my ip addresses were hacked tried to get information from me...: Please call asap someone has tried to get all my accounts hacked please call 941-740-4769 now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-called-and-said-my-ip-addresses-were/688c32c9-b462-4d23-bc8c-17ad98f2deb5
  4. someone called and said my ip addresses were hacked tried to get information from me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How Do I Find The Device I am Sharing An IP Address With?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Find The Device I am Sharing An IP Address With?: All the time my computer feels like someone is in the background typing or doing something to the software that I'm working with. Literally , as if they just re wrote a program for this time that I am using it. Then a minute later I will be allowed. That is just one of...
  6. IP Address.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  7. Can connect to pc share using ip address but not the share name

Can connect to pc share using ip address but not the share name: One PC is a laptop and the other one is a desktop. Both are running Windows 10 v1803. The sharing option "Turn on network discovery" for private, public, and guests is checked on both computers. Also checked is "Turn on file and printer sharing". From the laptop, I can...
  8. I am trying to delete foreign addresses in my active connections

I am trying to delete foreign addresses in my active connections: I am very non tech so please give a simple answer with step by step instructions if you can please. I am trying to delete foreign addresses in my active connections. I found I had these because I was trying to conect my alexa to wifi and somehow got on a phone call with...
  9. No IP address for Ethernet connection

No IP address for Ethernet connection: I recently bought a Netgear router. The Ethernet connection on the computer is not recognized because it does not have an IP address. How can I fix that?...
  10. OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address: Apologies in advance... total novice here. Running windows 10 and using OpenVPN Connect. I used OpenVPN Connect a few weeks ago with no problem whatsoever. However, today when I log in it states that I'm "connected" VPN, yet when I click "go to" within OpenVPN I can see it...