Windows 10: "The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message

Discus and support "The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, I've been getting the above message each time I open my computer and use Outlook or Edge... Has my account been compromised...? I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StephenfromChch, Jul 31, 2020.

1. "The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message

Greetings,

I've been getting the above message each time I open my computer and use Outlook or Edge... Has my account been compromised...? I have bought a new phone recently... and while I did have Microsoft Phone companion and Edge installed on my old one, I haven't on my new one...although I can sign into my Hotmail account via the new phone.

The reason is that as I'm in China, I can't connect to some Microsoft services, unless I use a VPN - which I haven't got connected to my new phone yet... not sure if this is relevant to the account sign in issue on my desktop...

Thanks.

:)

StephenfromChch, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Rose W Win User
    Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre.
    Nothing had been changed.
    So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section.
    The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been in use on the laptop since that date. So my choice was to click on 'nothing applies' and do the next steps.
    The sign in required an alternate email address. Fortunately I have one handy. This security routine has a 30 day wait period.
    Now I have found the tutorial 37536 illustrating deleting extra accounts but I don't think I can do this because the security section is not available for 30 days. I had no idea this control panel item was available but only the tutorial informed what could be done with this data.
    It is amazing that 1.5 yr has gone by and the old email is still in there as a credential. I suppose after 30 days I can delete the hurontel address. I found it odd that the old email address was on the drop down list for a contact. Its a dead end address.
    Now that I have made the credential 'visit' can I assume the hurontel address is gone from MS records and I can delete it in the control panel credential section and not have to sign back into the MSAccount credential section because the correct address is listed?

"The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message [​IMG]

Rose W, Jul 31, 2020
  4. "The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message

Microsoft Account sign in problem

Hello Sebastian,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• During when are you getting this error message?
    • Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your account prior to this?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow these steps and check if this will help you in resolving the error message:

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc.
    • Right-click Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant and choose
      Properties
    • In Startup type, choose Automatic then click
      OK.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

"The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message

1. "The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message - Similar Threads - problem account Sign

2. Error message “you signed out of your account”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message “you signed out of your account”: Help! Can’t get into my laptop. It’s a Dell Latitude E5550. I get the message “You signed out of your account.” Also when I log into my profile on my IPad for my Microsoft account it will not allow me to fix my birthday. It has my grandson’s birth year of 2015....
  3. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands and Windows Updates. So far I've tried Dism /Online...
  4. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands. So far I've tried Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: It all started with my local repair computer system format on my laptop and when I change c/users/username in Windows 11 to my real name and I restarted, that was when the issue began.I have done it in safe mode and the registry editor:...
  6. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: It all started with my local repair computer system format on my laptop and when I change c/users/username in Windows 11 to my real name and I restarted, that was when the issue began.I have done it in safe mode and the registry editor:...
  7. We can't sign into your account - remove this message

in Windows 10 Customization
    We can't sign into your account - remove this message: Hello, I made a mandatory profile for a couple of company PCs which need to be wiped after each logout/logon. The mandatory profile works perfectly for this, but I would like to remove this message, because it's a bit hassle for the users. [ATTACH] Thanks in advance....
  8. Account Error: There are problems with your account. To fix them, please sign in again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Error: There are problems with your account. To fix them, please sign in again.: OK, I have a few WIN10 machines using the same account. One of them? When I restart will send me a message about fixing my account because my password has change, or some other issue. I have been troubleshooting this and tried a ton of suggestions online and I still get...
  9. "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message: This is a tangly issue for me. Earlier this week, when I signed in to my work computer, there was a message saying: There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser. It's a legitimate Microsoft message; you can find...
  10. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: I get the above error message everytime I try to sign in. It says that i'll be logged in under a temporary profile. I've signed out and back in about 6 times and it always comes back up. I have been able to log into safe mode with my account but as soon as I restart my...