Windows 10: The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...

Discus and support The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new to this forums, but I'm kinda desperate. I barely use my PC, I use it mostly for games, music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tjyeee, Apr 22, 2016.

1. tjyeee Win User

The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...

I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new to this forums, but I'm kinda desperate.

I barely use my PC, I use it mostly for games, music and some videos now and then. Also incase I've forgotten to mention it's pretty new (maybe 2 months old).
    I pinned my VLC Media Player so I could access recently used items faster. Whenever I play an .mp3 file it is added to my recent list, although when I try to re-play it from the recent list it gives me the error:
    What I've meant by pinning my VLC and accessing recently played .mp3s:

The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved... [​IMG]

UPDATE: Also, I think it's important to mention I'm using Classic Shell.

:)

tjyeee, Apr 22, 2016

2. The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list? Windows 10 error.

1. Look on your hard drive places where had saved like Documents etc.

2. Look into Onedrive if you had backed up into Cloud or AutoSave was ON.

3. Look into below article to locate lost files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/316951...

E for Excel, Apr 22, 2016
  3. The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list? Windows 10 error.

I have a word document of around 10,000 words that I saved last night before shutting it down and so on. Today I type 'word' into the search bar and click on the shortcut to my document, but the error message above appears instead. If I go into word (not
    through the short cut) there is no sign of the document having been ever opened or being on word. I go through everything on my computer (this computer is only 3 days old as my old Surface broke two weeks ago) so it's not that much to go through and I found
    it in quick access, I open it and the message "Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Was it moved, renamed, or deleted? (C:Users\Serena\...\nameofdocument.docx)

I really can't loose this file, I was idiotic as the last time I backed it up was at the 6,000 word mark.

Serena Morrison, Apr 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is probably because of the fact that VLC places played audio and video files, for what it considers recently played. In a Temp folder, which gets overwritten and deleted by Windows through its normal housekeeping.

If you have associated those files with VLC. All that you need to do is pin the Music folder to the Task bar.

bro67, Apr 22, 2016
Thema:

1. The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved... - Similar Threads - item selected unavailable

2. \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource

in Windows 10 News
    \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users use their Windows 10 computers to create and access their data on their servers via their network. Some users have been reporting an error which says that the server is not accessible. The whole error states, \\server is [...] This post \\server...
  3. Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10: I organise the icons on my desktop eg top right are those relating to my PC (eg history of WUs, details of my laptops). Bottom right is for eg Word & Excel templates and also spreadsheets that I'm using every day. If I have a new one I'll place it in the appropriate place...
  4. Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved

in Windows 10 News
    Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved: [ATTACH] Yet another bug has been discovered in Windows 10 v1809 which results in a false sense of files copied or moved from a ZIP or archive files. The issue is specific when there are files with the same name in [...] This post Files copied from ZIP file might not have...
  5. One does ondrive sysnc whether or not you have selected sysn and wether or not you have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One does ondrive sysnc whether or not you have selected sysn and wether or not you have...: This has been an issue from the start. I have two thousand pictures, I edit some pictures and one drive replaces these pictures with ones not edited, It also makes copies of every pictures you have selected when trying to move large blocks of pictures. Later, it return...
  6. menu selected items (blue?)

in Windows 10 Customization
    menu selected items (blue?): So.. is it blue, by default? Not possible to change ? I hate this baby-blue color.... [img] 11638
  7. Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted"

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted": Hi Everyone, Not sure if anybody else is experiencing the same thing or not, but if I download an .exe type of file & try running it (after it downloads), I get the message "This file might have been moved or deleted". For example, if I download Firefox, it will give me...
  8. Sourceforge -- Problems --been unavailable for a few days

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sourceforge -- Problems --been unavailable for a few days: Hi there Is sourceforge changing possibly into a "Pay" site or something --it's been unavailable for a few days. Used to be fine for all sorts of Open source software. It's sometimes difficult to find alternate mirrors for some decent open source stuff. Cheers jimbo...
  9. Cortana Not Available In The Region And Language You Have Selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Available In The Region And Language You Have Selected: As far as i can see i have all the langauge, region, currency & locale information set to English UK but im still getting the following when i try to activate Cortana, Any Thoughts?.... [img] 12395
  10. Windows Threshold: Answers to the questions you have been asking

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Threshold: Answers to the questions you have been asking: For the past 5 weeks or so, we have been uncovering quite a bit about Microsoft's next update to Windows, internally called Threshold, and since then, we have received a couple a copious amounts of emails and pings on Twitter about the update, and as we have learned more, we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the item you selected is unavailable

2. the item you have selected is unavailable

3. the item you selected is unavailable or moved

4. the item you selected is unavailable or moved windows 10,
  5. the item you selected is unavailable or moved 2019,
  6. citem you selected is unavailable,
  7. the item you selected is unavailable.