Windows 10: The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...

Discus and support The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All ----------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hope You All Are Doing Great..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SHASHANKDAHAT, Mar 7, 2021.

1. The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...

Hello All

-----------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope You All Are Doing Great..

So I Was Having Problems With The Windows Update, SearchedOn Internet But Didn’t Find Any Usable Results; So I Decided To Do An In-PlaceUpgrade> Downloaded MCT>Got A Fresh Copy Of Windows Iso…

But

When I Started The Setup, It Showed That The “Keep PersonalFiles, Apps And Settings” Is Greyed Out, And The “Keep Personal Files Option”Is Greyed Out Too..

So I Was Left With Just Nothing Option But Had A Whooping 50Gb Off Photos,Videos And Docs On My Pc And No One Would Like To Ever Wipe OfThem..

And The Reason Was That “Your Files,Apps, And Settings Can’t Be Kept Because Your Current Version Of Windows MightBe Installed In An Unsupported Directory Or You’re Trying To Install An OlderVersion Of Windows.”

Again Searched Internet And Found About The Registry AndDirectories But My PC Was Good In The Registry…

So I Found That This Is A Bug With Windows 10 Version 19042At This Site: [Fix]Can't Repair Install Windows 10 20H2 - Your Windows Guide

So Should I Make The Changes Because The Site States That “Important: The Fix Is Only ApplicableTo Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042. DoingThis On Other Releases May Lead To PC InAn Unbootable State.”

Any Suggestion Or Fix Will Be Really Helpful

The Registry Pic: The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place... 8958cd73-01a9-40f8-b23c-a8d8fdc7dbf8?upload=true.png The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place... 8a93f6a6-f9c0-4c05-b6a2-720e58c2046a?upload=true.png

And Ohh Yes My Windows Specifications

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 20H2

Installed On: 22-‎12-‎2020

OS Build : 19042.631

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Device name OPTIPLEX3020

Processor IntelR CoreTM i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Installed RAM 4.00 GB

Device ID 585EDC1A-1A5D-40DE-B9D1-0A830576C5E6

Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Thank You All

Hope This Is Understandable

:)

SHASHANKDAHAT, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Ultrax87 Win User

Keep personal files and apps greyed out

I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option
    is greyed out, but the "Keep personal files only" option is selectable. How reliable is this? Will all of my files (multiple folders on the desktop, hundreds of folders in the Documents, Photos, Videos, Music libraries) be kept? Obviously, my apps will not
    be kept, but will the Program Files folders at least be saved in the Windows.old directory? Any help is appreciated.

Ultrax87, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to place Recycle Bin on Desktoop. No option to do that in Personalization.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “I am unable to place recycle bin on desktop” how are you trying to add Recycle Bin on the Desktop?
    • Do you receive any error message/code?
    • Could you please provide more information on, “the 'personalization' section does not make a provision for me to do that”?

To add a system icon to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Show desktop icons in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 7, 2021
  4. monim1 Win User

The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place...

1. The Keep Personal Files And Apps Option Is Greyed Out When Trying To Get An In-Place... - Similar Threads - Keep Personal Files

2. windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out: While upgrading Microsoft windows server 2016 to windows server 2019, I'm facing issue where the option keep personal files and apps greyed out. Kindly suggest....
  3. windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server 2019 upgrade keep personal files and apps greyed out: While upgrading Microsoft windows server 2016 to windows server 2019, I'm facing issue where the option keep personal files and apps greyed out. Kindly suggest....
  4. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  5. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

Keep Personal files and apps greyed out: what can I do???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-personal-files-and-apps-greyed-out/b922a781-3762-403f-8bab-6684ad56b2ac
  6. Keep Personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  8. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

"Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  9. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Keep personal files and apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep personal files and apps greyed out: I am trying to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on one of my computers. This computer in question is running Windows 7 Professional and has many important files. I purchased Windows 10 Home and upon installation, the "Keep personal files and apps" option is greyed out, but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 repair reset by install keep files apps version   greyed out

2. windows 10 reset by install keep files apps version 20H2  greyed out

3. rufus windows keep personal files and apps greyd out